Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
patchmanager is buggy nowadays

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by cizi View Post
Thanks for you help @coderus! Installation works finally fine but there is still any issue with patchmanager for Jolla settings. It starts but just loading screen appears. Maybe some problem with update 10.
Seems like the problem I had. Try this.

That is not a big deal. I will wait for another version and hopefully one day it will start work, I hope :-). Since now I know how to install custom packages, it means I've learnt something new :-).

The Following User Says Thank You to cizi For This Useful Post:
Hi people. I updated my Jolla from up 8 to 10 but now patchmanager does not work. In warehouse it says there is some conflict with an old version. I do not have installed an old version. But there is a patchmanager under settings app and it has enabled all settings I did before, but they are not there (e.g. force 3x3 or have 5 apps in one row). I'm not able to reinstall anything. Is there a possibility to completely delete patchmanager from the system and try to do a complete new install?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NuklearFart View Post
Hi people. I updated my Jolla from up 8 to 10 but now patchmanager does not work. In warehouse it says there is some conflict with an old version. I do not have installed an old version. But there is a patchmanager under settings app and it has enabled all settings I did before, but they are not there (e.g. force 3x3 or have 5 apps in one row). I'm not able to reinstall anything. Is there a possibility to completely delete patchmanager from the system and try to do a complete new install?
Did you remember to unapply all patches before updating? Also completely reinstalling patchmanager is explained somwhere in this thread. Search function will help

By the way. Your member name is probably best I have ever seen on these forums. i laughed hard Congrats on that

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
By the way. Your member name is probably best I have ever seen on these forums. i laughed hard Congrats on that
Sometimes I hear that when playing SC2 Well, its the english translation of the original

Hm, no, I did not undo the changes because it worked from up 7 to 8 without any issues, damn

Ok, I now did zypper rm patchmanager and it deinstalled patchmanager - at least it seems so. Did a reinstall with zypper in ............... and so on. I now have back the patchmanager in the app list but when I try to open it, it loads some seconds (~30) and then it disappears. It is also deleted from control panel. By the way - downloading the file from openrepos and then installing never worked

Ok, short update: I deinstalled again with terminal and reinstalled with openrepos, including the control center app. I can do some patches but not all. I can do force 3x3 and 5x6 launcher but not the most important control center in events view. also better video controls do not work Are there some common things?

Last edited by NuklearFart; 2014-12-22 at 13:52.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by cizi View Post
I am trying but I just see loading circle . Maybe wrong device
Had the same issue after wiping ausmt and patchmanager and reinstalling from scratch on 1.1.1.27.

Thanks to Fuzzilogic's hint here's a workaround/fix.

Code:
pkcon install jolla-settings-patchmanager sailfishos-patches-base sailfishos-patches-advanced #only if not installed yet

mkdir -p /usr/share/patchmanager/qml

cd /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/

cp -rf * /usr/share/patchmanager/qml/
the mentioned pages-line (34) is already removed in the new main.qml so nothing else to do here.

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

@coderus, I just tried the Launcher combined patches on 1.1.1.27, but (like others have reported) it crashes Lipstick when used in a folder with bookmarks...

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
how much bookmarks you have in folder?

The folder contains five bookmarks plus one app.

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os