Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I will focus mainly on Sailfish, secondarily on Maemo seeing as the Neo900 may bring a revival.
you can also ask on neo900 irc channel, they have a lot of N900 from mozilla to give away for developers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Mozilla's giving away N900's?
Why promote a device that'll be used to strengthen NeoFreemantle & not FFOS?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Mozilla's giving away N900's?
Why promote a device that'll be used to strengthen NeoFreemantle & not FFOS?
They had an excessive amount of N900s around, and did not know where to put them. ;-) Hence, after year or more in storage, they went to Neo900, and Neo900 is going to provide them to developers.

An out-of-date summary

Also, N900 is multi-boot-capable, so it is possible somebody will develop for Firefox OS on one of those :-)

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
I have set up an Indiegogo campaign. Hopefully I will soon be able to resume development on SailfishOS!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Anybody can share original saera for Harmattan"
saera_0.0.1_armel.deb

n900 versions are unusable on mine n9 :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Wow, I did not expect such a huge response to my Indiegogo campaign. Currently it is almost 200% funded! Expect updates on SailfishOS port soon!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
you'll have another 100$USD from me if you commit to maintaining an on-par harmattan port while expanding to sailfish.

note that i understand that a harmattan port may not be feasible, and that $100 is not sufficiently large incentive to do ridiculous things.
therefore, i mention this not to incentivize you with $100, but to let you know that there is at least one harmattan user willing to fork over some forks.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
you'll have another 100$USD from me if you commit to maintaining an on-par harmattan port while expanding to sailfish.

note that i understand that a harmattan port may not be feasible, and that $100 is not sufficiently large incentive to do ridiculous things.
therefore, i mention this not to incentivize you with $100, but to let you know that there is at least one harmattan user willing to fork over some forks.
I would like to do this, but it is infeasible until both a) I either fix my N9 or get a new one and b) I can get my hands on thp's old builds of pyotherside for Harmattan, as the app is terribly slow with PySide.

Edit: I found the code in question, via a conversation I apparently had with thp a while back and forgot about. So b) is covered.

Last edited by taixzo; 2015-02-22 at 06:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Another crowd-funding campaign for; (1) part to fix your N900, (2) 2nd-hand N9, (3) extra $ for time/services rendered?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Progress report: I have been working on a custom library, to perform the same functionality as Wit.ai. For those of you who are unaware of how that service works, basically you define certain intents that you want it to trigger, and give it examples of what might be said for each, and then when you pass it a string it will send back what intent it thinks you mean.

For anyone interested, here is the approach I am using:

So, for Saera I ended up using a modification of the Levenshtein distance algorithm. To demonstrate how this works, say this is an example sentence for the Alarm intent:

[set alarm] for <time>

Green marks important words, while red marks variables - words that are expected to be replaced.

Now say the sentence we are testing is "Set an alarm at seven". In a normal Levenshtein metric, you go through and for each word, you add one to your score if you have to add, delete or swap a word, and keep it the same if the words are the same. A final score of zero means that the string you're testing is identical to the one you're testing against. But I modified it so that it scores unimportant words lower ("for" is an unimportant word in the example) - and particularly, removal of words, especially unimportant ones, is scored lower. So, going through this, we'd have:

set - stays the same - 0
an - added - 1
alarm - stays the same - 0
at - swap for "for" - 0.5 (unimportant word)
seven - swap for "time" - 1 (will be 0 when I get variables working)

Which means that the string has a score of 2.5. When run against example sentences for other events, say "[call] <contact>" for the Call intent, it scores higher - two substitutions and three additions mean that it scores a 5. Lower is better, so we take the lowest score and decide that this was meant for the Alarm intent. This is now ready to be passed to and processed by the code that was originally handling intents from Wit.ai - and this is all happening on-device!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text