Active Topics

Originally Posted by fravaccaro View Post
I want to thank @tmi
Thanks But all the same, this whole thread deserves credit on my part.

There are many things that would be nice to implement. As the OS updates at least used to be quite regular, people have tried to stay away from modifying such files that might/will get overwritten in a coming update. This somewhat limits what you can or want to do without constant fixing and re-installs.
Then again, this is basically what the situation with all the system patches is.

It never hurts to dig into the matter and figure out how something might be possible. Sometimes you succeed, sometimes you get other ideas, sometimes you may find another way later on.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
While struggling with porting Emoji Keyboard to 1.1.4 I noticed that keyboard qml files start to so organized that it might be possible to great pretty wild ideas already. There are still few hacks that often require more hacks and it would be nice to get proper API that would support 3rd party keyboards.

I am still having problems with Emoji and latest update has KeyboardRow.qml copied from SailfishOS 1.1.2.16. For use in Emoji Keyboard only but I do not like that solution and I would like to simplify the keyboard later. May be in next release, depending on how unstable keyboard files will be.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Instead of switching the entire keyboard to symbols (symView), could we just add an extra row of numbers above the QWERTY row? I know fravaccaro made such a layout where the number row is there all the time. I am wondering if this row could be added when the symbol key is being pressed, and could disappear again when pressed another time. So normally it would be hidden.

Most of the time I don't need the other symbols, just the numbers. I added the numbers to the accents of the QWERTY row for the occasional number. Many numbers, or alterated with characters, could be done from the top row.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi to all.
I found for my self the way to add the predictive words of non supported languages to the package.
Like we know the learned words stored in this file:
Code:
/home/nemo/.local/share/xt9/xt9.dlm
Just give to the phone learn your most useful words. And put this file to your package with full path.

Add this line to .spec file:
Code:
%defattr(644,nemo,nemo,-)
/home/nemo/.local/share/xt9/xt9.dlm
Thats all

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi to all.
I found for my self the way to add the predictive words of non supported languages to the package.
So. First, Thanks for that what You did
But I'm newby and and don't know what to do with that? On N9 I just change file from android to N9.

Here, on JOLLA I need Slovenian prediction and learned words are not on always on first spots. If we will ever get Swype like keyboard, We'll need prediction for many languages.
Is any possibility to change words from any language to Slovenian?

Thanks

Hebrew also is not supported language in jolla. When phone learn my words, most of the time it show me this words when I switch to Hebrew, but sometimes I still see some english words in the predictive line.

P.S. someone know if jolla have limit for quantity of learned words ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2015-05-04 at 09:48.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Athens
At least, you people HAVE a keyboard!
Us Greeks are not even able to write in our own language!
Tragic!

Originally Posted by okourkoulos View Post
At least, you people HAVE a keyboard!
Us Greeks are not even able to write in our own language!
Tragic!
What with this one ? http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=25

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Athens
Not working any more.
Not after updated to 1.1.4.28
Just the openrepos warehouse app won't work.

Actually, never tried to actually write the code in terminal.
Didn't think that it might actually do the trick cause I am such a noob and never type in the terminal. Should I try?

Last edited by okourkoulos; 2015-05-04 at 13:09.