Active Topics

I think Nokia is selling 2006 OS directly from Nokia, how about CompUSA? Is there a way to tell it's new OS or older? I'd like to pickup one, but if it's old OS, I don't want to waste the trip. Anyone? Thanks.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
They won't have OS2006 till 2nd half of the year- I'm sure there will be a sticker on the box. No one has it now.

Really? So the hardware are them the same? If same, I have no problem get 2005 and just upgrade it later.
Thanks..

Originally Posted by lovemov
Really? So the hardware are them the same? If same, I have no problem get 2005 and just upgrade it later.
Thanks..
Yes the hardware is the same. The new box will come with headphones but I think that's it. (well the new os).

That it's still shipping with the 2005 OS; but gives you a chance to enter an email address for details regarding the 2006 version - when it ships. So, if you buy it today from Nokia (or CompUSA or ???) it will have the 'old' OS.

I confirm that the one from CompUSA is 2005. I will quite happy with the 770, only problem is the discharge overnight. Will see, if it happens again, I might have to return.