Active Topics

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2015 @ FRANCE
It's been sold fast apparently

I might be able to help you out with a less expensive N900 (I can sell it after I have received another N900 that I recently bought). You need to be prepared to accept one with working - but severely scratched screen.
Ship from the Netherlands we can discuss details and the price incl. shipment via PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
I might be interested (depending on the price) I sent you a PM,

see ya !

Replied - at least I think I did
PMs are apparently not automatically saved.

received, no problem, I'll respond in the PMs

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Replied - at least I think I did
PMs are apparently not automatically saved.
Sent PMs are not saved by default. I have also been hit by that in the past.
There is a setting in your control panel to change that.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Correct - I already found the setting yesterday and changed it. Would have been more logical for sent pms to be saved by default imho but not a problem to update it.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Hey,

now, when I'll receive the machine, I'll take off the complete LCD assembly and put it on my not working machine, if it works, it would mean that the problem is the original ribbon cable or the LCD I bought off ebay,
So I could buy a new ribbon (after having tested the LCD in the known working LCD assembly) or get a refund or a replacement for the one I already got.

If it still doesn't work, it would mean a problem in my motherboard because this LCD assembly is known as a working one...

If it works I'll recompose a phone with the least damaged parts and buy a new digitizer+film screen protector and maybe a new complete case...

Another thing that could be an idea is that I might buy a Neo900 motherboard (even though they are a bit pricey) in the future which I could put in the out of order N900.

I come back when I got the new phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazmi For This Useful Post:
Just received yesterday, thanks t-b, he included a lot of stuff and the machine was fully charged, the digitizer was heavily damaged so I changed the whole lcd block and put the one that was on the other N900 I have, I played with it a bit, wonderful device, I was installing stuff (with the maemo.org applet) and it said "low battery" (normal after 2hrs reading the user contract for OVI even though I won't use OVI and 1.5hr tinkering with the device on wlan+3.5G), so I leaved it alone, it finally shut down by itself.

When I got home I plugged it on a 5V 500mA charger, a yellow light started blinking but after 1hr or so of charging, it wouldn't boot, I checked on the voltmeter, 3.1V, not a normal voltage for lithium battery I think, so I put the battery on a charger I have which is pretty smart but can revive almost dead cells, I let it do it's job all night long and finally, when I woke up a few hours later, the battery was at 4.1V, which is cool, I put it in the phone and it did boot and all, asking for date and suff but it said "low battery" again and

when I plugged the phone on my PC to charge it and to do the "lsusb" command just to see (i'm under GNU/Linux), the screen seemed to have a problem because it was fading, not being backlighted and all, the phone shut down instantly and since I try to boot it but it doesn't want because it keeps restarting, I put the battery back on charge, we'll see if it gets better.

Do you think I screwed something up or I'll have to charge my battery extternally as if the connector was dead ? or could it be the battery ?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I'm guessing the battery.
I'd be hoping it's the battery...
since that is the cheapest and least invasive fix...
If a new batt or 2 has the same result ...
then it is a device issue...
or battery management issue bleeding off your battery untimely.

I'd suggest 1st getting a couple of new batts. ( or even decent oem refurbs)
(don't just get one...when you need your n900 running the worst thing is having only 1 batt. WITH a low charge... me ...I have 6 batts for my n900...perhaps a wee bit overkill-y but hey...if you are going to make sure you always have a back up plan...than make sure you have 4 back-up back-up plans in case the 1st 2 back-up plans get ******-up )

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: