Active Topics

I'm paying 9,8€ a month for 384 kbit/s unlimited data.. I'm dreaming of 2 Mbit/s unlimited, but that's almost 30€ a month, can't justify the cost..

These plans also include a usb dongle modem thing for your computer, but since I'm on 8 Mb / 1 Mb internet I haven't really bothered with that..

Originally Posted by dkwatts View Post
Choose wisely...

Sprint SERO = FREE Unlimited High Speed EVDO
Agreed

The $30/mo SERO plan is an excellent deal, esp. with the EVDO factored in. Howardforums provides a pretty comprehensive description of the plan and how to get it. The discussion under "Can I use my phone to tether?" may be of interest in the context of this thread.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I read from wiki with interest, http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...tle=Data_plans. I am from US and is having a ATnT phone, would like to know what data plan is the most cheapest and carries NO contract? I got the atnt gophone with the .25$ per min 'gophone' plan. I was told I can buy regular plan with my go phone. If I tether the gophone with my N8x0, would that be considered as medianet or data or voice? kind of confuse,

TIA,

bun

Any atnt user here? I need help to pick a data plan. Is tether with the N8x0 the same as mediaNet, which is .01$ per kilo download? I hope not. Again, is tether to the tablet considered as voice minute?

TIA,

bun

Bun, in most cases to tether "legally" you are required to pay extra on top of what you pay for data plan. BTW can someone confirm that SERO plan still exist? I thought it ended several months ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Any atnt user here? I need help to pick a data plan. Is tether with the N8x0 the same as mediaNet, which is .01$ per kilo download? I hope not. Again, is tether to the tablet considered as voice minute?

TIA,

bun
Tethering with the N8x0 is the same as mediaNet on the Phone. You are essentially using the phone as a modem. I use it with my LG Shine (3G HSPA) and it rocks. Get the unlimited plan ($20/mo?). Be advised it goes against AT&T's Terms of Service, although I don't know why, you're essentially doing what all iPhone users do.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

The Following User Says Thank You to deeteroderdas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The best SERO plan info that I know of is still here

I joined up when it was supposedly expiring, so I would be surprised to learn it was still active, but I didn't see anything definitive on the FAQ.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
And probably the WORST plan is with my cel phone provider MTS. $20 for 2MB. That's right. $20 for 2MB, not GB. And $6 for each extra MB.

THE reason I'm not trying out tethering with my cel anytime soon.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
Tethering with the N8x0 is the same as mediaNet on the Phone. You are essentially using the phone as a modem. I use it with my LG Shine (3G HSPA) and it rocks. Get the unlimited plan ($20/mo?). Be advised it goes against AT&T's Terms of Service, although I don't know why, you're essentially doing what all iPhone users do.
I think $20/mo is manageble. You mind to take a look and tell me what is the name of the plan? AT&T has done the best to confuse users..... I am calling to find out more. I am afraid gophone dont have this feature?!

bun

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Just thought I'd throw these 2 options in. Both have been mentioned in the forums previously.
a) Boingo Mobile
"$7.95 USD for Unlimited Wi-Fi Access in more than 60 countries around the world"
b) Boostmobile
"free" unlimited pairing at 19K
See YoDudes post

Last edited by jpramlak; 2008-11-20 at 21:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpramlak For This Useful Post: