Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 275 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Blackhawk Island
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@spag: good job!
Re keys: add them as in https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...pencage.py#L30 . HERE has 2 keys, names are given at https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...eystore.py#L43
Ok, thanks, that worked well. I just guessed how you could have possibly named the keywords and, voila, it worked:

... "app_id=" + poor.key.get("HERE_APP_ID") + "&app_code=" + poor.key.get("HERE_APP_CODE")

Re regular search: regular search is executed when you hit Enter. Does that work?
Yes, that works. It's just that the results seem to be garbage if the query is not long enough (means I can't misuse it as autocomplete) but that's HEREs fault I guess.

Do they give some special key that can be used for callbacks? I
What I've meant is if there's a callback function in Pure Maps that would allow to look up coordinates after the user taps on one of the suggestions from the list that appears as the user is typing in the search query.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spag For This Useful Post:
@spag: good job!
Re regular search: regular search is executed when you hit Enter. Does that work?
It also seems that HERE have different APIs for looking up street addresses and for POI.

Means entering "Starbuck's" into the search field won't work right now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Re callback: not yet, but, as it sounds to be needed for HERE, I can make one. You could just assume that it exists and I will hook it with the rest

Re POI vs search: that's quite common. For POIs, we have https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/tree/master/guides

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Re callback: not yet, but, as it sounds to be needed for HERE, I can make one. You could just assume that it exists and I will hook it with the rest
I could also just iterate through the 10 or so search (autocomplete) results and look up the coordinates through the geolocation API before returning the results to "autocomplete" but it would mean 11 API calls every time a user enters something into the search field.

Re POI vs search: that's quite common.[/url]
It's just that if the user invokes search there's no way to determine which API to use, means there's no way to search by the name of a venue right now, so no way to find e.g. a Starbuck's if you don't know the specific street address of the coffee place.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spag For This Useful Post:
Re autocomplete: no, we don't want 10xkeystrokes requests. I will call the callback on click. Would just need first implementation to work with (aka your PR).

Re search: its pity that they put all POIs into Places API, if I understand you correctly. Let it be then that way. For now, at least

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Re autocomplete: no, we don't want 10xkeystrokes requests. I will call the callback on click. Would just need first implementation to work with
The search (not autocomplete search) with the HERE backend seems to be quite useful. I'm glad I it does actually honor house numbers, which is important if they're four digits or more.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spag For This Useful Post:
Sounds good! Note that due to HERE licensing agreement we will have to make special profile (HERE) that will allow to use HERE search and routing only with HERE map tiles. But the corresponding code is in place already via profiles and I will make changes to ensure it

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Sounds good!
I guess I will have to postpone it until I find some more time.
It looks like copying the stadia router as a base to start from does not work as easily as I've hoped.

Looks like the routers don't like to be run from /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers because of relative path names or so.

Code:
[W] unknown:483 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/PageStack.js:483: Error: Error while loading page: file:///home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers/here_results.qml:20 "../qml": no such directory
Changing the includes to a full path was not sucessful either:

Code:
[W] unknown:483 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/PageStack.js:483: Error: Error while loading page: file:///home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers/here_results.qml:20 import "/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/qml" has no qmldir and no namespace

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by spag View Post
I guess I will have to postpone it until I find some more time.
It looks like copying the stadia router as a base to start from does not work as easily as I've hoped.

Looks like the routers don't like to be run from /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers because of relative path names or so.

Code:
[W] unknown:483 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/PageStack.js:483: Error: Error while loading page: file:///home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers/here_results.qml:20 "../qml": no such directory
Changing the includes to a full path was not sucessful either:

Code:
[W] unknown:483 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/PageStack.js:483: Error: Error while loading page: file:///home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-pure-maps/routers/here_results.qml:20 import "/usr/share/harbour-pure-maps/qml" has no qmldir and no namespace
No worries. You can submit WIP PR and I will look into what went wrong. I should be able to push into your PR branch as well, so we can fix it together before merging with the master

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
PS: regarding your errors - its probably due to the implementation of cross-platform pagestack that I have in between. As such, its probably my bug that got exposed via loading modules from ~ instead of system-wide install

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: