Active Topics

Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Will do, thanks Wizzup_. In theory, can Leste boot from a SD card or would I have to wipe the internal memory of the phone? Wasmachinemann-NL and I both volunteered, but I'm sure it would be easier to test things if there was an easy fallback to the internal OS, especially for such an expensive (and rare) device.

Are there any up-to-date VMs available somewhere?
I don't use my Pro1 as a main device (mostly because **** shitdroid) so as long I can restore my Pro1 to factory condition, i'd be more than happy to test pre-alpha builds of Maemo Leste.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I won't use Android either, but there's still a quite functional SFOS port (which is what I would like to have as an easy backup between two Leste test builds).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I won't use Android either, but there's still a quite functional SFOS port (which is what I would like to have as an easy backup between two Leste test builds).
I really wish SFOS had Rockbox. Does SFOS also have a proper Notes app like osso-notes?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
To be honest I don't remember osso-notes, as I've never been a big user of notes applications. But there are several on SFOS, including one supporting Markdown, a terminal one, and another supporting encryption, as well as good text editors mimicking IDE with project (hence multiple files) support.

What you might miss from Maemo, particularly for notes, is widgets, but with SFOS you can leave the app open and have its thumbnail show information (at least some apps will show information on the cover, see screenshots of Foil Notes for instance).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-09 at 22:27.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I really wish SFOS had Rockbox. Does SFOS also have a proper Notes app like osso-notes?
I really wish SFOS had a gunmeric port, especially now that there's a hardware keyboard phone that can run Sailfish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I hope they will announce end of the year update of current situation. And if the tablets for different devices are not updated that would be good too. But if they do not have time it's ok. I'm not doing anything for Leste except waiting. I hope that helps them. If I wait reeeaally hard. And I think good of them all the time and hope for the best. And I keep the spirit up. Well what you know, I'm doing quite a lot actually. Didn't think of it before.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
WTF is so special about Rockbox that none of 82735975 music players have????? I get it when we are talking abut standalone players/walkmans but on a phone?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
I think Wasmachinemann-NL said in the past that he is really attached to pitch adjustment. There might be other things since Rockbox is really a comprehensive software, with advanced equalizer, or a nice straightforward UI that is not gimped with usual gimmicks of modern mobile apps. I am not saying that it is better or not as good as more modern apps, just acknowledging that it is different in several ways, which may explain why many people like it, can't find a proper replacement, and would like it to be maintained. Now, if someone interested has some development skills, I'll leave this here.

Sorry about the off-topic here by the way, just wanted to tell my motivation to test Leste on the Pro¹.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-12-10 at 10:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I think Wasmachinemann-NL said in the past that he is really attached to pitch adjustment. There might be other things since Rockbox is really a comprehensive software, with advanced equalizer, or a nice straightforward UI that is not gimped with usual gimmicks of modern mobile apps. I am not saying that it is better or not as good as more modern apps, just acknowledging that it is different in several ways, which may explain why many people like it, can't find a proper replacement, and would like it to be maintained. Now, if someone interested has some development skills, I'll leave this here.

Sorry about the off-topic here by the way, just wanted to tell my motivation to test Leste on the Pro¹.
Pitch adjustment and RiD's awesome and highly ergonomic ROCKN900 skin make Rockbox the ultimate music player for me.

That, and the N900 can be used with one hand with things like Shortcutd.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Pitch adjustment and RiD's awesome and highly ergonomic ROCKN900 skin make Rockbox the ultimate music player for me.

That, and the N900 can be used with one hand with things like Shortcutd.
I've yet searched in vain to a better music player than this;

Code:
#!/bin/bash
gst-launch-1.0 -t souphttpsrc ssl-strict=false location="$1" ! decodebin ! autoaudiosink | grep "title:"

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7