Active Topics

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
@edp17

The name of the repo doesn't matter. It is supposed to follow the name scheme with $DEVICE at the end.

The community common repo already had the right URL so i didn't need to change this, that's why i don't added the hammerhead at the end.

By the way, update went through without the old bug from cm12.1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@edp17

The name of the repo doesn't matter. It is supposed to follow the name scheme with $DEVICE at the end.

The community common repo already had the right URL so i didn't need to change this, that's why i don't added the hammerhead at the end.

By the way, update went through without the old bug from cm12.1
I see, thanks for explaining.

What was that old bug?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
The old bug was that the update process stopped at some point and you needed to restart. Also the update process was very slow and took ages to finish.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
The old bug was that the update process stopped at some point and you needed to restart. Also the update process was very slow and took ages to finish.
Well this is very good news then those issues are gone.
I will try to update of my rom to 3.2.1.19 and report. (But I am not promising that today.)
As you see on telegram I am still struggling with getting the gui working on my S7 port. It sounds bad but I am proud that I could gone so far. Of course the goal is to have a working Sailfish on my S7. Hopefully slowly I will be there.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Some ports take their time I'll keep my fingers crossed!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Some ports take their time I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Thank you.
Yeah, that's true, especially for somebody rookie like me.
I do the same for yours.
Now I am trying to update to 3.2.1.19

Edit: Maybe it is only the server but the downloading packages bit is very slow. It's been running for a while and it is only at 65%. (02:45)

Edit: And it is finished (03:10) Booted up and the version is 3.2.1.19 (Nuuksio) in About product.

Well done @mautz!! Thank you!

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-17 at 03:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
How is it with the latest version - is there still that video recording not working issue? But otherwise basically everything else is supposed to be ok?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Eveeything works, except video recording and bluetooth calls which have very bad quality (same as old Sailfish version based on CM12).

Yep, this is true. As the cm12.1 base hasn't changed under this new version, the things that didn't work on 3.2.0.12 won't work on 3.2.1.19 either.
I can confirm the rubbish sound on bluetooth calls.
Although I only have used it with my bluetooth radio transmitter in my car.) It works, buts for calls it sounds hmm.. funny.
Interestingly the same transmitter used for playing music from Nexus 5 via bluetooth sounds very good.

And the marriage of AD and the latest Sailfish OS is a perk.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-17 at 14:56.

Question:
In the native internet browser on some websites I need to tap 'below' the input box or button instead of 'on' the item be able to put the cursor into the input box or 'click' on the button.
Do we have workaround for this because it is very annoying.
Plus some website doesn't recognize the selected value in a dropdown list, which is also annoying. (Opera either cannot handle some sites and Firefox is crashing very often.)

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid