Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Ohhh, no! And I though all is fine [...]
I'm sorry to say, but also on my device PM "stalls" every now and than. To get it working again, PM has to be killed via terminal or device has to be rebooted.

Also, the problem with address search was back (now on 3.2.1.20). Removing transliteration.dat and re-downloading via OSMSS did help - but I don't have any idea, why this file gets corrupt occasionally...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
I'm sorry to say, but also on my device PM "stalls" every now and than. To get it working again, PM has to be killed via terminal or device has to be rebooted.

Also, the problem with address search was back (now on 3.2.1.20). Removing transliteration.dat and re-downloading via OSMSS did help - but I don't have any idea, why this file gets corrupt occasionally...
Thanks for reporting - nothing to be sorry about

RE Pure Maps stalling: Try to check whether we still have internet connections open at that stage (lsof -i). It has to be some system call, either I/O or opengl stack. No idea how to check it though.

RE transliteration: there could be some bugs in libpostal, but I have no idea why would it corrupt this file in your case. So far, you have been the only one with it. So, if someone has this issue, please speak up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
I'm sorry to say, but also on my device PM "stalls" every now and than.
Out of interest, where are you located? Until now, as far as I remember, only I and another user from the UK reported it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Out of interest, where are you located? Until now, as far as I remember, only I and another user from the UK reported it.
In this case, I can tell, that it happens also outside UK.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
rinigus, thank you for the awesome application! I am new to SFOS and Pure Maps was a really pleasant discovery.

As a newcomer, I am still struggling to get my head around the API key requirements. Could you please clarify:
  1. Why does the app still work without the MapBox API key despite the warning in OpenRepos?
  2. What exactly does the Foursquare key do?
  3. Same for Here Maps key
  4. And the MapQuest..
  5. Which key (if any) enables the full address search with a building number?

It would be great if the UI somehow mentioned the capabilities enabled by these keys - e.g. if the Foursquare key is needed for the ratings / POI search and so on.

The keys are a bit of a pain to obtain on the SFOS device: the standard Browser app doesn't work well on the Foursquare and Here Maps developer sites (you can't copy the keys) while Angelfish doesn't interface with the system buffer. I found myself using Firefox in chroot to get the keys inside a text note so that I can copy them back into Pure Maps..

Hi rinigus, thanks a lot for the excellent app. Quick question: is it possible to search the location by the full address including the house number? What I found in my area is that Here Maps have all the house numbers but the search can only return what OSM (seemingly) has.

I was also wondering how different API keys are meant to work. I tried putting in a REST API key in for the Here Maps for example but as the result the map doesn't get displayed. If I remove the Here Maps key it then works.

The Following User Says Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vaskas View Post
Hi rinigus, thanks a lot for the excellent app. Quick question: is it possible to search the location by the full address including the house number? What I found in my area is that Here Maps have all the house numbers but the search can only return what OSM (seemingly) has.

I was also wondering how different API keys are meant to work. I tried putting in a REST API key in for the Here Maps for example but as the result the map doesn't get displayed. If I remove the Here Maps key it then works.
HERE and OSM use different data, so it is expected that OSM and HERE do return different results. API keys have to be used next to the corresponding provider. So, you have to insert HERE keys in the sections required by HERE.

As for use of HERE for search, corresponding issue is https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/275 . Currently only tiles are used.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Speaking of searches, would it be possible to show the address in the search results? If I put in an address like "123 East Main St", I get a results list that looks like this:
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    4.6 km north
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    5.1 km north
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    7.7 km north
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    11 km north

One of these is the correct address; the others are somewhere else (one might be 1123 East Main St for instance) but from this screen there's no way to tell which is the actual address I put in. If I know where the address is, I can guess from the distances; but if I know where the address is, then there's no point looking it up in a map app anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Speaking of searches, would it be possible to show the address in the search results? If I put in an address like "123 East Main St", I get a results list that looks like this:
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    4.6 km north
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    5.1 km north
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    7.7 km north
  • East Main St
    City, State, Country
    11 km north

One of these is the correct address; the others are somewhere else (one might be 1123 East Main St for instance) but from this screen there's no way to tell which is the actual address I put in. If I know where the address is, I can guess from the distances; but if I know where the address is, then there's no point looking it up in a map app anyway.
Can you check if 1123 East Main St is at OSM? I suspect that it looks for full address, doesn't find it, drops a level up in hierarchy and finds the street. Streets, especially longer ones, are frequently split into sections and you see the hits from each of the sections, as far as I can tell.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
well, no. Apparently OSM doesn't have any addresses? Seems like a poor default address lookup tool, if so. I tested a dozen from my address book and all just went to the street. Is there a way to use Pure Maps to actually navigate to an address, then?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post: