Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
There has been multiple fall reports on the Discord server. Sometimes there's no significant damage. I think Mosen dropped his a couple times but just got cosmetic scratches. <zip>
yes, i dropped it at least 3 times on concrete falling from my Chefs-Jackets pocket while leaning forward too much before i stopped putting it there
One hard drop was at Fosdem which Netman witnessed. It fell from "clumsy finger" hight not just to the feet level but even 50cm more since i was standing elevated on steps.
The screen survived with a tiny little chip below the surface that is not felt but can be seen in some angle. I only noticed it when trying different screen foils afterwards. Tried to make a picture but it was not noticable in the light conditions i have currently.

The back however. geeez. Can we make a competition for the most battered Proš plz

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Have anyone found an really working cover for this thing yet?
The foiled edges i customized from "Dragon Grips" after the major drops do not look too pretty but help a lot. Never dropped it again with them applied in +5month.
*Knocks on wood*

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
haha, Mosen the Mobile Master Mistake Maker

Thanks for being our drop tester. Btw, it still looks cool ... battle tested.

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
So, have now been able to use Pro1 for couple of weeks and so far I am very impressed. Actually only main complaint is that due to delays I was not able to make it my work phone so usage is somewhat scarse now, unfortunately.

The keyboard is obviously the most inportant thing with this phone and for me it works really well. The opening mechanism is solid. Keys have solid response. Unfortunately I still have not mastered/managed to open it reliably with just one hand, but maybe someday. I have never been too eager to get the latest cpu or most ram, just slightly more than what I absolutely would need in my current usercase and this phone answers to that well currently.

Some complaints as well. The fingerprint sensor is somewhat poorly placed. I often notice, that while taking the phone to my hand, i already wake the sensor with too many failed attemps accidentally and when I actually do place my finger on the sensor, I have to wait for the failed, accidental contact to replenish.

Also, when the keyboard is open, volume and lock buttons are cumbesome to reach.

Few questions for others. Is your Pro1 picky with chargers? I have several chargers that it refuses to use. ie Samsung and iPhone chargers only chage for few seconds and then the phone refuses to use them anymore.

Have anyone found an really working cover for this thing yet? Btw. lost my sleeve that came with the order. Forgot it to train. Have to ask if it could be ordered from Fxtec

Thank you for Fxtech and company for this phone
Thank you for your encouraging words and valuable suggestions. Pro1 is the very first product and we will bring the experience and your suggestions to the next step!

Regarding the sleeve, unfortunately it was ordered the same amount as the device. But I can give you a spare new one (from samples) if needed. I see Jordi can give something even better.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
That was very annoying for me too while i was using stock android for a while. There are ways to raise the amount of attempts as i read, only i never tried.

But Sailfishs inability to wake the device from FP-Reader fixes this behaviour

On sfos you have to first wake via power button and then just roll down your thumb to nicely hit the reader below the button while in Portrait. Works very reliable now for me. With other fingers it is less convenient since you usually want to unlock while in a car mount or such. So you do not see the FP reader but need to move from the PW-button to it blindly which sometimes take a while to master.

The placement seems to be a feature tho since it is most convenient to unlock when you wake the phone by opening the KBD to landscape and then use the index finger, which in my case is exactly long enough to hit the FP-reader behind the angled screen comfortably and exact while the hands are in regular "holding" position!
But since i did not send finger length data to F(x)tec at any point it might be coincidence
Exactly my experience with SFOS too, both for landscape and portrait.

Also, I love the sleeve. I know you've been through a lot of complaints when it was offered as a replacement for the protective case that was once planned (but proved inconvenient with the hinge), but I'm glad that you guys came up with this sleeve. It is clear it doesn't suit everyone's needs, many people don't even use it, but I sure am happy I have mine. It saved my Proš from ending up like Mosen's. :>

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-09-02 at 23:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
the next step!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
One hard drop was at Fosdem which Netman witnessed.
I can corroborate that statement, my heart skipped a beat seeing it xD. If I recall it fell about half a meter from where we were sitting onto pavement, screen first, damaging the corner of screen protector but surviving very well.

Mine never dropped that hard but I've had it pulled off my desk by the usb cable being accidentally pulled which really can't be good for the usb port (falling on the connector). It's survived without a scratch .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Few questions for others. Is your Pro1 picky with chargers? I have several chargers that it refuses to use. ie Samsung and iPhone chargers only chage for few seconds and then the phone refuses to use them anymore.
Yes, I have noticed the same. Some Samsung chargers won't work. I think that the charger won't work if it supports some other quick charging system than what is used in Pro1 (and Samsung has a different system).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thank you for your encouraging words and valuable suggestions. Pro1 is the very first product and we will bring the experience and your suggestions to the next step!

Regarding the sleeve, unfortunately it was ordered the same amount as the device. But I can give you a spare new one (from samples) if needed. I see Jordi can give something even better.
Jordi saved me already, thanks!

Keep up the good work!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Sooo, I take it, still not all pre-orders are served?
10-12 weeks shipping is also not too encouraging in terms of placing a new order.
I mean, do we know if any more devices are going to be made after pre-orders?

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by chenliangchen
the next step!
Please let it be less than or about 5.5in in size. And perhaps no curved screen (not a deal breaker).

I would buy it tomorrow!

Also I hope this endeavor has proven profitable for fxtec. It was a very unfortunate luck to have to deal with the shut down as you would be ramping up production. At the moment I don't see any other company making the kind of device you guys are. So keep forging forward.

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit