Active Topics

Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Thanks! Too short was thanks.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Fun stuff Maemish

Are you using real maemo or leste on n900?

The Following User Says Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Real CSSU_thumb, overclocked to 250 900, updated certs, swappolube set to proposed, transitions disabled, telegram through pidgin, opera mobile with tls 1.2 enabled. This is my main phone so untill Leste has phone calls working I need to stick on this.

I think this is interesting behaviour with N900 and BlessN900 and screenshot application and file manager. Saved screenshot with a moving image. I thougjt a saved image is a saved image but - no. It is a port to a parallel universe. If this is possible what else can be possible in this reality. Things are not as you have thought they are. Observe things freshly, cause you should doubt now everything you thought you knew. And all this is achieved by using blessed N900 with BlessN900. I start to understand the bigger meaning of this app. What other mind blowing secrets the creator of this app has put in it for us to discover? Free your mind!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lqq8k1ql3...0x720.mp4?dl=0

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-09-23 at 10:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I inherited a bit money and decided to invest them on things needed: a laser printer and an iPad Pro with keyboard to my wife. That was half a year ago. Yesterday got the printer out of the box. IPad still untouched. So if someone is annoyed with me concerning how slow I am responding to N900 spare parts questions and how slow I am to fullfill promised things, I am annoyed too to myself. Half a year!

But so finally made some room for the printer and wiped dust off from our Samsung win 7 laptop which served as our main machine for 8 years, for work and as a telly. Samsung started well and so did the printer. I plugged the usb but got information driver could not be installed correctly. Aaargh! I knew it! Always the same. Well let's search for drivers nd there they are. Download. Done. Install. Admin password: incorrect. Nononononooo! I remembered that when win 7 stopped getting security updates I changed the password to a more secure one - without writing it down!

Is it this? No. That? No. After many attempts I finally thought of checking if I have put a hint there. Password hint: mintin. Meaning the same password which I have in my Linux mint - installation which I do not have anymore! After some more attempts I finally got through with a combination of my two long passwords put together.

Finally can install drivers. Installing. Printer gets the green OK mark. Nice. Suddenly installation says that can't install and cleaning cache. And wiped the whole printer away! Whaaat? But I saw the green OK mark. Install again. Open the same time task manager and spot the installation process. At once when the printer got the green OK mark again I ended the process in task manager. Test print worked! Nice!

But wife needs to use this wirelessly. Let's see. Printer settings. If you wa't to share the printer with others the host win machine has to be online. Can't be!?! There has to be easier way. Search the internet. Install neede software online or use the cd you got with your purchase. What cd? Was there a cd? Yes!

I put the cd inside and start installing again. Now I got to the point where the wireless can be set to work after you unplug the usb cable. I unplugg and the instruction is go to the ip address you get from info page which you get b5 pressing long one button. Got the info. Typed the ip. Browser not loading page, neither Firefox nor Opera. Aaargh!!!!

After a while of strugling in rage I found a link to install neccessary software online. And now the instructions in my own language. Pheew. Installing. Connecting to network. Done. If you wnt to change the direct wifi settings click this link. I certainly do want cause the default password is 123456. I click the link. Which makes my installation cd to spin which I had forgot inside. To view this page you need to enable javascripts. And the cd player starts to keep the noise which sounds someone is banging the cd with a hammer. Aaargh!

Stop installation. Take out cd. Install the online stuff again. But again to view this page you need to enable javascriot. Gladly without the jammed cd noise atleast. But - Oh nonononooo! When security updates for win 7 stopped I remember I made some tweaking to make the machine more secure. It included uninstalling java, disabling internet explorer and disabling A LOT of services not to connect anywhere and to prevent others to install stuff. Now I am that other.

I download java and try to find a solution with firefox as default browser, then with Opera without success. I have to enable the explorer again, change internet setting to restore defaults cause I can't remember all the tweaks I have made. At this point (when I have fought witht his thing for three hours!!!) my wife comes and says it's 11pm and she wants to sleep so can I stop. NO!!! I can't stop now! Not anymore.

Gladly after 5 minutes from there I have managed to set up the wireless and to change the default password for direct wifi and printed a test page.

So much adrenalin in blood it took me couple of hours reading news and watching youtube before managed to go to sleep. Next I need to tweak the win7 back to be a bit more secure again. And then to try to set up the iPad for my wife with ability to print. Horror movie part 2.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Today I took a train to Lahti from Helsinki and was about to buy a Skoda Octavia 4x4 wirk 1.8L turbo. Felt really good to drive but has started to rust here and there and the interior was really worn out. My kids have been embarrassed for we drove many years with Nissan Micra 1.3l which was not the sexiest. Ended up buying a Kia Sportage 4x4 2.0l with leather seats and opening roof with extra led front lights for 4.200Eur with perfect and full repair history. So far so good. Have driven today over 200km and driving in total dark roads feel like driving in daylight.

I downloaded to dropbox pictures of making of Alice to my Wonderland Vehicle. Terrified Alice will be positioned behind the front grill as in jail. Still needs to be painted.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3vcrl9od...lkHrDWV_a?dl=0

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
So here is she. Terrified. Not totally satisfied yet to face and missing red from lips but good enough.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I downloaded to dropbox pictures of making of Alice to my Wonderland Vehicle.
In the UK "killjoys" at the DVLA wouldn't be able to decide what "colour" of vehicle should be specified to register it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Got a new object finished. The decor on top of hood: Rocking Horsefly which flies in cartoon.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3vcrl9od...lkHrDWV_a?dl=0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: