Active Topics

Poll: What is your favorite art making app for the Nokia tablet?
Poll Options
What is your favorite art making app for the Nokia tablet?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
I've been waiting on a paint app for the longest.
It really doesn't matter if hildon or not.
fullscreen was the main thing I wanted,
I wanted to use more of the canvas.
mtpaint gives me this.

I guess if you know what you are doing, its pretty easy to overcome the other slight obstacles. the pauses, hiccups, etc.

keep drawing people....we need to flood ITT with digital art.

What interest me most is turning the tablet into a sketch book of sorts. I don't think, at the moment, I found the ability to do that. At least with mtpaint, when the painting pauses, it doesn't try and catch up, i.e. fill in what it should have, it just stops. So you don't get the "catch up" problem (or ketchup :P), which I find the most annoying.

Unique311, have you tried airX with gimp?

nope.
never interest me.

Originally Posted by awe215 View Post
What interest me most is turning the tablet into a sketch book of sorts. I don't think, at the moment, I found the ability to do that. At least with mtpaint, when the painting pauses, it doesn't try and catch up, i.e. fill in what it should have, it just stops. So you don't get the "catch up" problem (or ketchup :P), which I find the most annoying.

Unique311, have you tried airX with gimp?

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
http://www.divshare.com/download/3961663-b3d

a horizon dev compiled for os2008

not the best app.
but at least it make use of the fullscreen.
Unique311, I can't seem to locate my saved images that were made w/ horizon. I tried browsing, searching, etc., but no luck. However, I can open them and paste them within horizon.

I have some neat sketches to post but can't find 'em ;-) Thanks.

Last edited by awe215; 2008-03-30 at 02:39.

somewhere on mmc1,
but then again it might be on the image folder on the device itself.
keep a looking.

Unique311, I can't seem to locate my saved images that were made w/ horizon. I tried browsing, searching, etc., but no luck. However, I can open them and paste them within horizon.

I have some neat sketches to post but can't find 'em ;-) Thanks.

somewhere on mmc1,
but then again it might be on the image folder on the device itself.
keep a looking.
It was on the tmp folder on the device itself. I browsed to it with mtpaint, opened it, and re saved it on the memory card. The only problem is I lost some of the sketches I did before :-(

But here is one I made today. I was experimenting with doing a wash of a mid-tone on the background, then sketching, then using the eraser. Fun ;-)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to awe215 For This Useful Post:
very abstract......
or is minimal the word i'm looking for.

It was on the tmp folder on the device itself. I browsed to it with mtpaint, opened it, and re saved it on the memory card. The only problem is I lost some of the sketches I did before :-(

But here is one I made today. I was experimenting with doing a wash of a mid-tone on the background, then sketching, then using the eraser. Fun ;-)

If anyone is interested.
Xjournal allows you to insert a photo in background and you can draw, color and put text on the photo itself and save as a pdf or xjournal file. I've been making some very cool modern art with my photos and tagging them with graffiti and text. The files are too big to post. When I have time I'll upload to flickr and post. I have a file named Horizon that my works go into(I don't remember if I created it, oh well it works for me). I also use mtpaint and mypaint. Lots of fun. Dan

very abstract......
or is minimal the word i'm looking for.
Well, time limitations kept it basic or abstract. When I get some more time, I'll make somemore art. I just wanted to get something up and especially something done with your horizon (port?). I think it is a swell app. I am just having a tough time with some lines which appear sometimes when I pick up the stylus and put it down again; a straight line sometimes jumps across and not having an undo option forces me to erase or leave 'em. Any one know how to stop that?

mtpaint does what you speak of also.
with layers.
open up a picture and make a new layer.
draw away..
well similar.

Originally Posted by dan View Post
If anyone is interested.
Xjournal allows you to insert a photo in background and you can draw, color and put text on the photo itself and save as a pdf or xjournal file. I've been making some very cool modern art with my photos and tagging them with graffiti and text. The files are too big to post. When I have time I'll upload to flickr and post. I have a file named Horizon that my works go into(I don't remember if I created it, oh well it works for me). I also use mtpaint and mypaint. Lots of fun. Dan

Tags
sketch, sketching