Active Topics

Poll: What is your favorite art making app for the Nokia tablet?
Poll Options
What is your favorite art making app for the Nokia tablet?

unique311 I discovered that feature before I wrote that post mtpaint is slower than xjournal although it mtpaint has many more features. I prefer mtpaint now that I found that feature, MyPaint does the same. BTW your art is real good!!! Thanks for neogeo. It's an awesome port.Dan

Last edited by dan; 2008-04-05 at 13:31.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
you guys are trying to get me killed..
Tak is the developer for the gngeo emu...
I just ported and hildoned xgngeo frontend to maemo, for use with the gngeo.

as for mypaint...having issues with it....
never really got into xournal much.
I was just waiting on mtpaint and mypaint hildonization.
and i got it.
but mtpaint is the fav.

Originally Posted by dan View Post
unique311 I discovered that feature before I wrote that post mtpaint is slower than xjournal although it mtpaint has many more features. I prefer mtpaint now that I found that feature, MyPaint does the same. BTW your art is real good!!! Thanks for neogeo. It's an awesome port.Dan

Bow down to Sonic in all his sucky shading glory:

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
i love it Navi iconic

ok ok ok .. watching THIS GUY totally is schooling

http://www.revver.com/video/613785/d...end-of-chunli/
watching in slow mo now

gonna try to copy this guys technique - derived from one of his tutorials.. "beginner's battle axe"

some free pdf books from Andrew Loomis on learning to draw: http://www.artcone.com/forums/andrew...ads-t1772.html
Attached Images

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-04-06 at 05:24.

I can see mtpaint/mypaint being a big hit on the n810....
the chun li drawing, hmm colorpicker is key.
does mypaint or mtpaint even have a colorpicker tool?
also other key important things are brush opacity and flow settings.
if these can be mapped to hardware keyboard, and made available in either mypaint/mtpaint. the chun li drawing can be done easily.
Not saying with some hard work it cannot be done right now.

A drawing done using what i describe above and only what i described above in photoshop.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
i love it Navi iconic

ok ok ok .. watching THIS GUY totally is schooling

http://www.revver.com/video/613785/d...end-of-chunli/
watching in slow mo now

gonna try to copy this guys technique - derived from one of his tutorials.. "beginner's battle axe"

some free pdf books from Andrew Loomis on learning to draw: http://www.artcone.com/forums/andrew...ads-t1772.html

The Following User Says Thank You to unique311 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Wow. NICE PIC.

I have the colorpicker key mapped to 'f''. You can map it to other buttons in drawwindow.py

more subway fun.....
i think the animals will be a series of work done by me on the daily commute to work.....
so be on the lookout for more animal goodness.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unique311 For This Useful Post:
My N800 vs. my "Notepad 800"

Here are two sketches done of the same shell, 20 minutes apart from one another. The n800's was done first. The light is natural i.e. from the sun coming in from the window; although, for the second sketch, done with the notepad, the lighting was better. Hence the further I got with the n800's sketch the darker I made it because at the time, it was.

I plan on doing some more of these. I am going to stay with black and white, relatively, and try working on comparisons of sketches from life.

note: the n800 sketch was done in MyPaint and I found that, as Uniquie311 had found before, the left side of the tablet was relatively unresponsive. I am going to post in the MyPaint thread about this problem.

note 2: The paper sketch is a photo, not a proper scan, that mid tone wash is not the color of the paper or my doing, but I like it!
Attached Images

Last edited by awe215; 2008-04-12 at 23:37.

A cup, not a vase....

What might be interesting is to use a mix of brushes in one sketch. Come in with a light pencil to lay down a sketch and give it some shape, then use the charcoal to hit the darks and lights; or vice versa. I tried some experimentation on this cup, I know, it looks like a vase. I hid the handle to keep myself out of trouble!
Attached Images

When it rains....

Here is a some of, well, stuff, the O'Neill is an alternate version of the first one I did, which kicked off this thread, and the other is done in MyPaint.
Attached Images

Last edited by awe215; 2008-04-13 at 01:25. Reason: wanted to add more art...

Tags
sketch, sketching