Active Topics

Deaj - yes, the card that will hold those two files must be in FAT/FAT32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maximos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maximos View Post
Deaj - yes, the card that will hold those two files must be in FAT/FAT32.
Thanks for the clarification!

Are my assumptions regarding the virtual memory / swap.img correct?

Well, considering that Maemo's virtual memory is on a different card than KDE's, I would imagine that it would work regardless. I have my virtual memory on and my install was fine.

Not 100% sure though, I am just starting out with this stuff

Originally Posted by Maximos View Post
Well, considering that Maemo's virtual memory is on a different card than KDE's, I would imagine that it would work regardless. I have my virtual memory on and my install was fine.

Not 100% sure though, I am just starting out with this stuff
In my case they are on the same card

I thought I'd post a quick follow-up *from Konqueror* to say thank you to Penguinbait! Amazing work PB!

Now back to exploring.

So, I reinstalled it - it's tantalizing, in truth

Some things though:
1. I notice I can not connect the device to my computer now, it tells me that the SD card is busy. Any fixes for this?
2. KPackage asks for a root password, despite having obtained root from terminal by using becomeroot. What can we do to rectify this?
3. Trash does not work. What's the deal?

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by Maximos; 2008-04-18 at 03:35.

Both KDE and Hildon seem to be ideally suited to different purposes. KDE is by far better suited for productivity while Hildon seems well suited for entertainment. I love the extraordinary functionality added to the N800 with KDE and its application suite! Once my iGo Stowaway bluetooth keyboard arrives I will likely be leaving my laptop on the desk top.

BTW: The font fix posted by Penguinbait in another thread did the trick (quoted below for reference). Thanks again PB!!

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
How to fix, I need some more confirmations please let me know if this fixes you, please reboot and start KDE a few times to verify.

open xterm
sudo su -
mv /etc/profile /etc/profile-kde
mv /etc/profile-orig /etc/profile

reboot, font problems fixed right?

I found a way to fix fonts easily (atleast for me):

I just changed KDE's default fonts to Nokia Sans, and I did a reboot. I still had MicroB's stock fonts.

Not sure if it will work for all...

I thought that this may provide the push for some people

The Following User Says Thank You to Groover For This Useful Post:
OK, probably a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer by searching.When I first installed KDE, launched it and everything worked great. When I logged out and went back to the stock UI, everything worked great. However, upon rebooting the N810 and launching KDE, I no longer have sound in KDE. When I log back out to the stock UI, I have no sound either. When I reboot the device, my sound is restored, but when I launch KDE, it's gone again. Any suggestions? Also, I can't seem to play videos in KDE, but I have only tried with the N810 avi that is on the device.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice