Active Topics

looks like touch screen on N810 doesn't have "contact debounce" protection at all

often I once tap screen but tap exactly happеns tvice or even three times

in Windows Mobile there is time protection against such bounce - I never saw same behavior in my old WM2003 device

is there any option to tune debounce delay for screen tap? if taps appear in time less than this interval - then all taps after first are just ignored

of course this interval must be shorter than "double tap" interval to be distinguished

Last edited by Gourmand; 2008-04-20 at 18:54.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Nope. Sorry. This is a often complained about bug in the NIT touchscreen functionality.

Tim

what about Diablo? is there a chance this will be fixed?

anybody wrote bug report to Nokia?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
what about Diablo? is there a chance this will be fixed?
Likely, as there have been a number of comments in a few of the touch-related bugs to that end.

Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
anybody wrote bug report to Nokia?
Lots.

There are touchscreen plugin libraries available in /usr/lib/ts/plugins/ (dejitter, linear, pressure, variance) and a config file in /etc/ts.conf [don't know offhand if/whether there were other config files - I think there were!]

At the very worst you could compile your own tslib plugin to implement debounce the source looks simple enough!

there is a slight problem with using tslib and the plugin librarys. they can modify the pressure or the position but what constitutes a mouse click is desided farther up in X. i thought i could simulate a mouse move event by sending 0 pressure but i failed.

The Following User Says Thank You to smackpotato For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle, WA USA
Will be glad to see this fixed, I was given an HP iPAQ and played with it some and the screen handing on that thing is stellar compared to the n800. I hadn't realized just how abysmal the n800 was in that respect :-(.
Homebrew OTG cable and power injector.

Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
There are touchscreen plugin libraries available in /usr/lib/ts/plugins/ (dejitter, linear, pressure, variance) and a config file in /etc/ts.conf [don't know offhand if/whether there were other config files - I think there were!]
ok then I'll look at it

there is another one bug with "tap and hold" - first time if you tap-and-hold then local menu disappeares right now when you move - you have tap-and-hold once more to access to local menu - I find this is a bug and I'm sure this is not "debouncing problem"

but lack of debouncing can interfer to this

next time menu stays on screen only while you hold and move (but disappeares if you release) - in Windows Mobile it stays even if you release - it stays until you tap to any point - I/m sure such behavior is much more useful (and healthy for screen)

was this reported to Nokia in some manner - as bug or proposal?

looks like there is nothing about debouncing in /usr/lib/ts/plugins

module dejitter - it's nothing about debouncing, it works for X/Y coordinates jitter, it doesn's start in ts.conf, may be it can make drawing smoother, but parameters must be set clear - I run it in ts.conf and got useless touchscreen (had edit ts.conf in vi using keyboard then recalibrate screen)

there has to be "module debounce" and debounce.so located at /usr/lib/ts/plugins/

there is pressure.so but nothing about it - may be it has parameters like module dejitter for debouncing... I only found it here

Last edited by Gourmand; 2008-04-21 at 18:26.