Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
No, I didn't have any problem with this app. Do you have Large Statusbar Clock? This app crashes desktop if you left the alarm option activated.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Navi, any chance of sharing your modifications to the header file please?

I don't need a diff, only the mods in the header file will do. I can repack the newer osso-rss-feed-reader-applet_1.5.12-0_armel with a new library I compile. Thanks.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
yeah i do have the large statusbar clock. i'll diable alarms and if that doesn't work, then i'll remove it from now. i also have the advanced backlight applet. does that also have a history of crashing?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I noticed that it usually crash when the free memory is low.

Adv. Backlight shouldn't crash hildon desktop. Large Statusbar Clock crashed for me even without alarms.
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Navi, any chance of sharing your modifications to the header file please?

I don't need a diff, only the mods in the header file will do. I can repack the newer osso-rss-feed-reader-applet_1.5.12-0_armel with a new library I compile. Thanks.
My changes are in the changelog, but sure.

Code:
applet.h
#define SCROLLBAR_WIDTH 3
#define FAVICON_WIDTH 20
#define HEADLINE_HEIGHT 25
Whole file is here: http://rafb.net/p/qJuf3X17.html

Last edited by Navi; 2008-05-29 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Navi For This Useful Post:
I'll post a diff if anyone asks for it (too lazy to post one otherwise), but seriously, it's just three values of defines changed and added CFLAGS in rules.
Please post patches for each of the bugs you've addressed (in the maemo bugtracker), there's more chance that someone will actually look at and apply/close/answer the bug if we, the community, show what we want.

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Please post patches for each of the bugs you've addressed (in the maemo bugtracker), there's more chance that someone will actually look at and apply/close/answer the bug if we, the community, show what we want.
I don't have coding skills. If someone else will do it, fine.

Last edited by Navi; 2008-06-06 at 09:13.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think this patch needs an upgrade now that Diablo was released. I installed it but the Feed Applet updated again to a 'clean' version.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Updated for diablo. Same changes as in the first post.
Attached Files
File Type: deb osso-rss-feed-reader-applet_1.5.12-0_armel.deb (23.8 KB, 166 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Works very well thus far, takes up a lot less space.

Regarding the bug reports I don't think users would need to be able to edit such an applet because thats more the KDE way of handling things. I'd say, 2 modes: 1) finger mode 2) stylus mode. The one posted here, is the stylus mode