Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Los Angeles, CA
While I've only been getting into the customization of my N810 recently, I finally downloaded Canola2 last night (with youtube and Last.FM plugins) and when coupled with the flat black theme, this is an amazing UI / application. EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!

My only issue is that YouTube vids either stutter or the audio is not sync'ed appropriately. I know this appears to be an issue with mplayer embed mode (thats what I believe I read in the previous posts in this thread) but just thought express my experience of it too. Last.FM is working pretty darn good. My only oddity is that when I search on a specific artist (Lets say "Nightwish"), the station that starts doesn't play a single song from them while when using the Last.FM plugin on my laptop it usually plays at least one song FIRST from the band entered then other similar songs. Maybe this is just me being weird and not an issue with the plug-in. Regardless it appears to be working flawlessly with the streaming and showing of the album art.

Again, excellent excellent app so keep up the awesome work

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by spice3d View Post
Marcelo:

I get this stuttering when listening to WMAs and going through the Canola interface. No problems when playing MP3s. WMA decoding must be more CPU intensive.
Sorry for not saying a word this long, was away from the tablet. Just wanted to confirm: no stuttering at all with mp3s, but not with wma files. Vanilla media player does not have problems with any filetypes.
Again, thanks to Marcelo and the whole team. I'm fully a Canola convert these days

Hey handful,

I found some other problematic mp3 files in Canola. The files are tagged (they show up in other media players and PC media players) yet in Canola the only way to see it is through looking for the folder. Should I send them to you to see if you guys can figure out what's causing Canola not to read its tags (or if it's just an issue on my end though I tried deleting the .db and rescanning and it made no difference). I've since moved the problematic files off the n800 and onto my computer (so I have the retagged files on my tablet now so it works).

Also I'm noticing another issue. I'm not sure what's causing it but occasionally album art has problems. It will show the same album two or three times (complete with the album art). Though only one of them works if you try to press it. And the other ones won't let you click on them. If you navigate in the single cover mode (the one where you can click the side and the next album comes into view). When you get to the duplicated albums, it will sort of glitch up and not let you move the interface anymore.

The album art of the duplicated album will cover up the names from the previous album, and pressing anything just results in it playing files from the previous album in the cover art (and that's about all you can do).

Seeing if this is related to what I mentioned before I went to albums (where it lists all the albums but with text names scrolling vertically). The albums were not duplicated there, so it seems to happen only in cover arts mode.

Edit: I was wrong and it happens in both album and cover arts mode. Interestingly they both show up in the same problematic order. H

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-06-19 at 18:49.

Recently bought a N800 and upgrade it to os2008 and installed canola (duh), I copied a video (mp4) and it worked just fine in media player, but in canola it hicups and goes to next video, and went back to media player and still plays with no fuzz....any suggestions or questions?, the N800 uses two 2GB SD, virtual memory set to 128mb (just in case), anyway the good thing it looks beautiful and i really hope to experiment more with it...

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
If you have mplayer installed ( or installed youtube plugin) you Are probably playng some mp4 made for the default player not mplayer so take a look (search) for atabake configuration and change from oms to mplayer

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

So when is Beta 10 due???

Spice, I really don't know we are training some new folks, so it can take a little more, also july is the month most of guys will take vacations, so it will be at least in the end of august.

Marcelo

ah ok. Guess I just need to be patient.

Upgraded to Diablo firmware on my N800. I'm finding that I don't get the stutter when playing WMAs and navigating the UI like I did before.

Spice: I am noticing that canola is smoother on diablo I think a lot of optimizations are on the platform level and is benefiting everyone dragging my album art was way better

But: my upnp server (while using ps3) is having trouble with my router when I try to download covers, need to investigate if this is related to canola in anyway

MArcelo