Active Topics

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by computerfreek View Post
But if there was a save to file button under precise position that will make it a loc better as i had to find a pen to copy it down .
Another user already requested something similar. There's a "copy" button in the next release so you can copy the position to the clipboard.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Belgium
Great work on this app so far. And now a real challenge: .gwc support! (=wherigo cache) :-)

Great program! Just started geocaching, but already this program (and Maemo Mapper) seems nearly indispensible. Thank you!

Originally Posted by rittf800 View Post
Great work on this app so far. And now a real challenge: .gwc support! (=wherigo cache) :-)
In fact i wrote a gwc parser before i started gpxview. See some gnome (and thus tablet capable) version screenshot here:

But i don't enjoy playing wherigos, so i never finished this. From a technical point of view wherigos are quite ugly and it's really a bunch of nastly hacking required to get them working ...

Anyone seriously interested in working on this?

GPXView has been moved from the harbaum.org repository to maemo.org/extras.

No technical changes, so no reason to update if you already have 0.5-5 from harbaum.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
As I just got around to reinstalling all I have to say is BIG THANKS!

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
Thanks!

... and yet another step towards version 1.0. The latest version 0.6-1 features an export of "Garmin Field Notes". The resulting file contains all notes of caches marked as "found". You can upload this file to your account at geocaching.com for very convenient logging. You can basically prepare all your logs in the notes section of gpxview and the notes will then show up as a preset in the log text.

Have fun,
MoG

Hi Master of Gizmo,

first off, thank's for this wonderfull app. I was infected by my wifes brother last weekend with the geocaching virus and shortely after found your prog.

Now i have one request. Is it possible to show the statusbars for the satellites during fixing time and not only afterwards. There is a reason for this request. My gps "broke" one day (could be maemo mapper which poses problems in diablo for me...always turns gps on and off...) So i could only see with the integrated map program and the satellite status screen that not a single satellite was available after some time. A reset fixed the problem, but within gpxview, i would not have a chance to realise that not a single satellite was available hinting for a serious problem in gps fixing. So if the bars indicating the satellite strength would be available from the moment gps is turned on in gpxview, it would certainly help in such cases

Edit: Upppsss... forget this one. I just checked again and i must have mixed up something when my gps did not work. You are already showing the signal strength of the viewable satellites during fixing. My bad. Sorry...but hey, at least the problem is solved

By the way i have one more thing. I tried an gpx export from gc scanner and all Caches were named unknown, even so the description-part was correct in the gpx-file. Ever tried an export from gc-scanner ? Need a demo-file ?

So thanks again for your effort and keep going

MiBi

Last edited by MiBi; 2008-10-21 at 21:57. Reason: Verifying request for neu feature showed it's already there

Originally Posted by MiBi View Post
Hi Master of Gizmo,
Now i have one request. Is it possible to show the statusbars for the satellites during fixing time and not only afterwards.
I cannot do much about this. The maemo gps daemon handles this. Some software like Maemo-Mapper does the gps message handling itself and displays the satellite view more reliable. But i prefer to have the operating system do as much as possible. Even if this means that the sattelite view is not perfect.

Originally Posted by MiBi View Post
By the way i have one more thing. I tried an gpx export from gc scanner and all Caches were named unknown, even so the description-part was correct in the gpx-file. Ever tried an export from gc-scanner ? Need a demo-file ?
Yes, please send me a demo file.