Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Thanks, I tried that - it now says:
And recompiled. Unfortunately, N810 still hangs at the "mipid_reset: Display off" stage for me. This is with me attempting to boot a chinook image.

Is there a bugzilla or similar for QEMU?
Guess that it depends more on how are you compiling QEMU, I just got it working (qemu svn revision 4980 + diablo's patch) and also got "mipid_reset: Display off".

See your configure options and also remember to build it with SDL support (libsdl).

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you have successfully emulated an N810 with QEMU, or that, like me, it hangs at the "mipid_reset: Display off" stage? I can successfully emulate an N800 with the same build of QEMU, during which I notice that "mipid_reset: Display off" is the first line displayed in the console, but quickly followed by other lines.

Also, what is the diablo patch, exactly?

Last edited by pelago; 2008-08-18 at 22:07.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I had to :P

Thanks to hrw for the actual emulation + fixes!

(qwerty12 had nothing to do with it)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-09-02 at 09:24.

Holy cr**. :Q You got OS2008 working in QEMU?? Dude. Does anyone have a step by step on getting this to work? Or if not in QEMU, maybe in VirtualBox? I'd be highly interested in trying this.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2008 @ South Carolina
I have seen this emulation on several pages, and there appears to be some step by step process to get the N800 or N810 to be emulated under QEMU....but at the end of each step by step, there is always a "It doesnt work". But then....there is a Eureka....and some pictures....but no "how to".

Isnt there a way that the "image" that is being run by QEMU (that someone above has gotten to work...due to the pictures shown) be zipped up or RAR'd and put in a torrent or website for download..? Or is it illegal to host such a beast...?

I would love to do some testing and learning from such an image.....can anyone who has this complete please respond here or with a private message to tell me how I can get it.

Thanks so much for all your help....this is a great community of Linux Gurus that support all of these type questions.

Steve
Steve.smith@agy.com

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I think the image itself would not be legally distributable. I have had some success (I can emulate an N800 but not an N810 - the latter would be preferable as it apparently would allow using the host system keyboard rather than having to use the mouse to click on an on-screen keyboard). When I have some time I'll try to write it up and stick it on the ITT wiki or similar, so that other people can edit it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Thanks to hrw for the actual emulation + fixes!
AFAIK hrw is the man who blogged about it but the emulation was written by Andrzej Zaborowski (balrog). I wonder if this was paid by Nokia, there is Nokia copyright in the file. Andrzej also wrote Palm Tungsten E (OMAP310) emulation for QEMU some time ago.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caldersm View Post
I have seen this emulation on several pages, and there appears to be some step by step process to get the N800 or N810 to be emulated under QEMU....but at the end of each step by step, there is always a "It doesnt work". But then....there is a Eureka....and some pictures....but no "how to".
I described it on my blog:

http://blog.haerwu.biz/2008/04/11/nokia-n800-emulation/
http://blog.haerwu.biz/2008/08/01/no...ation-part-ii/

if you need more details then ask. I will be available during Maemo summit if someone has more questions to ask.

Tags
emulation, qemu