Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Australia
Did anyone notice the Back-up problem I described 2 posts up?

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by tso View Post
well ill be, if someone sees a problem related to libc6, try a apt-get remove libc6-dbg...
I don't have libc6-dbg installed. Since apt-get seems to be fine (I've just looked at the output with option -s actually), this is a problem specific to the Application manager. I've reported bug OS2008 Feature upgrade not installable (Application manager says libc6 is missing).

Will this cause my Sirius stream to stop working?

The ChangeLog says something about updated busybox, but after the upgrade my busybox is still 1.6.1 and the compilation time is still 2008-09-18... Can someone confirm whether this is the same for everyone, or I somehow failed to upgrade?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2008 @ cambridge, UK
Upgraded Maemo and Maps in the vain hope that one of the 'comms issues' that were fixed includes the problem Map has updating traffic across my phone's GPRS connection thru Bluetooth DUN (see thread 'Wayfinder won't fetch updates over Bluetooth phone connection ? (Fine with WiFi)'). But no such luck.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by smilerliu View Post
The ChangeLog says something about updated busybox, but after the upgrade my busybox is still 1.6.1 and the compilation time is still 2008-09-18... Can someone confirm whether this is the same for everyone, or I somehow failed to upgrade?
Yes, I noticed this too.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by STANUL View Post
Did anyone notice the Back-up problem I described 2 posts up?
No, sorry. I just ran a backup to test this issue for you, and while I haven't checked the generated file by doing a restore, the file size of the backup is consistent those created previously.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by vinc17 View Post
I don't have libc6-dbg installed. Since apt-get seems to be fine (I've just looked at the output with option -s actually), this is a problem specific to the Application manager. I've reported bug OS2008 Feature upgrade not installable (Application manager says libc6 is missing).
no other debugging related packages tied to the old version of libc6?

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
I tried a reboot just for kicks, still no dice (i.e. no update available).
Well when I got home my N800 was ready & eager to update & all went smooth. My N810 still does not 'see' the update
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
How long did it take to finish the update and self-reboot on an N800 ?

I did the update on my N810 and no problem, all went fine. But on my N800 the update seemed fine, the blue progress bar finished and a little "Updating" square popped-up on the upper right corner of the screen. The "Updating" square has been there with its "rotating dot animation" (if you know what I mean) for about 10 minutes and nothing happens....

Shall I just interrupt this ? and reboot the machine? wait (till battery drains) ? ..... I have no weird things like rotate screen or things that made the previous SSU's sort of crash...

Your comments are appreciated, TIA.