Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I will not be updating install-tools, bootmenu-installer or mgmt-tools any longer. install-tools will not be updated to support 43-7. mgmt-tools in theory should work if you update initfs flasher from the menu. I have not tested it. I am only supporting console-tools from here on out.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...238#post251238
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Just wondering, but would it make sense for someone skilled in deb packaging and scripting to pick up the maintenance of these packages?

Although there is a swiss-army-knife replacement under development in the form of console-tools, the single-purpose install-tools and bootmenu-installer packages were extremely easy to use, and would've been even more convenient if they were available from a repository via Application Manager.

Originally Posted by Peet View Post
Just wondering, but would it make sense for someone skilled in deb packaging and scripting to pick up the maintenance of these packages?

Although there is a swiss-army-knife replacement under development in the form of console-tools, the single-purpose install-tools and bootmenu-installer packages were extremely easy to use, and would've been even more convenient if they were available from a repository via Application Manager.
Well it was my intention to have the ability to do an "easy install" with no options needed. This however was not able to be done prior to the SSU being released. It is on my list of things to do, but it'll be a minute before I get to it.

I would like to see NOKIA do this and do it right, but for now, its just me...
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I would like to see NOKIA do this and do it right, but for now, its just me...
Indeed, Nokia/Maemo behave almost like microsoft in terms of boot flexibility, forcing users to work around their "ownership" of the boot block - even after over-the-network SSU updates.

Ideally I'd like to see something akin to Smart Boot Manager (with finger UI), or even just something easily user-configurable, handling all booting needs and starting OSes (Android, Maemo-derivatives, Debian etc.) from internal flash or SD cards.

That'd be even easier than simple re-running of OS cloning or bootmenu debs!

Originally Posted by Peet View Post
Indeed, Nokia/Maemo behave almost like microsoft in terms of boot flexibility, forcing users to work around their "ownership" of the boot block - even after over-the-network SSU updates.

Ideally I'd like to see something akin to Smart Boot Manager (with finger UI), or even just something easily user-configurable, handling all booting needs and starting OSes (Android, Maemo-derivatives, Debian etc.) from internal flash or SD cards.

That'd be even easier than simple re-running of OS cloning or bootmenu debs!
I am working on a easier failsafe clone/partition install menu, for simple cloning operation. I am well underway, should be an update soon.
it will be like run pbeasy or pb

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Will it handle RX-48? (The WiMax edition)

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
Will it handle RX-48? (The WiMax edition)
Please use console-tools

Hi Nokia Gurus,
I am a newbie trying to install KDE on my Nokia. This thread says that clone OS to SD only work for OS levels less than 43-7. My question is where can I find instructions for clone OS to SD for OS level 43-7. I couldn't find it information on this in this thread. Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally Posted by smileallways View Post
Hi Nokia Gurus,
I am a newbie trying to install KDE on my Nokia. This thread says that clone OS to SD only work for OS levels less than 43-7. My question is where can I find instructions for clone OS to SD for OS level 43-7. I couldn't find it information on this in this thread. Thanks in advance for your help.
look at console-tools

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=25714

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ England
Hi, im new to this forum and have been looking at cloning the OS to boot from the internal 2gb memory on my n810, just wondering if this still works and also how would i know if mine is a 43-7 OS? also will i need and other applications installed in order to perform this as my IT is brand new and has nothing on it.

Tags
deprecated