Active Topics

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
I've got a Think Outside Stowaway BT keyboard (the one that folds in half for storage and has four rows of keys).

I've successfully paired it with my N800 running OS2008 (4.2008.36-5), but the N800 responds really slowly to my typing. I can easily type one/two lines ahead of it, and then I have to wait for it to catch up. It's bad in Notes, but very bad in Google Docs/Gmail.

On my N770 it works fine and although I can type a little ahead, it's nowhere near this bad. It works like a charm with my iMac, without any delay.

I suspect the thing at the bottom of the N800 screen that attempts to guess what I'm about to type might be slowing things down. I'll never use it, so is there any way of turning it off?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Here's the answer of the same question in the Newbies section:

Originally Posted by tso View Post
iirc, go to control panel, text input settings, languages tab, settings button for language of choice, uncheck "word completion".

OK done that, and it's a little faster, but still slow and I can easily type ahead of the cursor. also, it now inserts two returns when I hit the Enter key, and sometimes repeats keys.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Is this the same as https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3532 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Is this the same as https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3532 ?
No, that bug relates to an Ultra-Slim model and mine is a standard Stowaway.

Also, that bug report says the keyboard refuses to work whereas, as stated, mine works but is slow, and also has a habit of double-typing letters. If I hit enter then two lines are jumped, rather than one.

This doesn't happen if I use the keyboard with other computers.

FWIW this appears to be a browser bug. They keyboard is slow but usable in all other applications. In the browser, it's slow but always inserts a double-return in text fields, instead of a single return.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rs-px View Post
mine works but is slow, and also has a habit of double-typing letters.
I remember a bug about this too, but am too stupid to find it right now. :-/

Is this a problem with the Nokia SU-8W? I've ordered it from Amazon for $108 and it better perform like a champ with my N810 or it's going back.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, stowaway