Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
No, your process is fine. What do you mean close without notice?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The moment I select certain roms, the VGB closes and nothing further happens.

That has only happened with 2 roms so far. From what I can tell, they seem like valid roms but I'm unable to use them.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Soulfunkdup View Post
The moment I select certain roms, the VGB closes and nothing further happens.

That has only happened with 2 roms so far. From what I can tell, they seem like valid roms but I'm unable to use them.
I see you are able to memorize ROM binaries. Please tell us how.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
I see you are able to memorize ROM binaries. Please tell us how.
I've seen Dustin Hoffman doing something similar with cards and numbers in a movie... The one in which he was supposed to be the dumb brother, but his brother was Tom Cruise, so it was virtually impossible to tell which was the dumb one

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Thanks for the brief humor there, Arnmin.

I got a good chuckle on that one.

I'm playing around with VGBA and want to change the frameskip to try to get a bit better performance. The commands given in the manual on the VGB/VGBA website return 'unexpected line' errors in xterm. Does anyone know what the correct commands are?

While this thread is for VGB I'm sure the process is similar for VGBA too.

Originally Posted by RichS View Post
I'm playing around with VGBA and want to change the frameskip to try to get a bit better performance.
Leave frameskip alone: it is already configured to give VGB/VGBA the best performance on Maemo without making gameplay too jittery. Limited hardware performance makes it kind of a non-issue, as it is always going to be set to the biggest tolerable frameskip.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Ah, I'm guessing it's not possible to zoom in or make the viewable game screen any bigger? (was comparing the Gameboy emulator on my sis' PSP and the n800). Development on Gameboy emus is pretty much non-existent now on the PSP I think but she gets a bigger screen while I get turbo and cheat codes lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Ah, I'm guessing it's not possible to zoom in or make the viewable game screen any bigger? (was comparing the Gameboy emulator on my sis' PSP and the n800). Development on Gameboy emus is pretty much non-existent now on the PSP I think but she gets a bigger screen while I get turbo and cheat codes lol.
Tried pressing FullScreen button?

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
bot VGB and VGBA are pretty bad as far as emulators go, a lot of messed up sprites and glitches that make the game unplayable. In fact, why are they so popular when everything I've tried on gnuboy already works a lot better and a lot less glitchier?