Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Here qole:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N900

Expand the Memory Functions group.
that it says nand memory do not mean much, as it can nicely fit onto the max(note) 32GB user storage memory...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Yes, it's not even a power of 2 number, and most OMAP3430 PoPs sport 512 megs of NAND. Another mystery, or just somebody got trigger happy with the memory specs

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
With built-in SIM slot, you've got no excuse to not have a data connection available.
Except for the small detail that data costs something like 10 Euro per MB once you move to another country. I guess that will bother even most people who are willing to pay 600 Euro for a new phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I don't know how useful TV-out is. I want to use a large monitor. (But, do screen projectors have a TV input? Maybe it could at least to presentations.)
My Dell 24" monitor has so many different inputs, maybe I can plug the n900 into that. Wow!
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
On another note, props to the engineers, now that I've reviewed the details, this is a much better device than I was expecting. I'm sure you could have figured out a way to leave an empty cavity with USB contacts or port where the cell radio is located now and satisfied EVERYONE's needs in one device. So, I still won't buy it--it's not what I want at all, but it does exceed my expectations. I hope Nokia continues making Internet Tablets and not drop back to being a cell-phone only device with their next maemo device before someone else makes something that fits the bill.
...danramos doth protest too much, methinks.

....secretly he wants one now after the announcment....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paxicide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Yes, it's not even a power of 2 number, and most OMAP3430 PoPs sport 512 megs of NAND. Another mystery, or just somebody got trigger happy with the memory specs
I think it's still a 512MB PoP (256 NAND, 256 SDRAM). The 768MB is just a partition on the big 32GB eMMC.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Except for the small detail that data costs something like 10 Euro per MB once you move to another country. I guess that will bother even most people who are willing to pay 600 Euro for a new phone.
new nation, new sim card, i think most operators sell prepayed cards for such use at most international airports...

I don't suppose anyone can say when it will reach Australia? Although if it's 500 euro, that's A$850, lots of money.

But then it's about the same as an iPhone3GS.

Maybe I'll just have to buy it and sneak it in....

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Access your phone instantly. Make a call by simply rotating your device from landscape to portrait mode. From the desktop or dashboard, all it takes is a twist of your wrist to instantly access the phone application.
I guess that's why we're not seeing a lot of portrait mode in the application screen shots...
Does anybody know if instant access to the phone can be disabled and if it is, how do you then access the phone?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Screw the government and get it the cheapest place you can. LOL

Tags
fremantle, maemo, n900