Active Topics

this device has alot of power, a 3D game just running ithe background and switching between tasks is so smooth, my n97 only dreams of this sort of power lol

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I I dont know who JKK is but he sure has zero background in maemo OS and it clearly shows. It is definitely going to have a very steep learning curve. But after u get to use it a couple of days... i think it is a very good device for newbies.
I'm worried a little about how this device will seem to new users. JKK certainly had some trouble getting the zoom browsing and mouse selection stuff working.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I'm worried a little about how this device will seem to new users. JKK certainly had some trouble getting the zoom browsing and mouse selection stuff working.
I played with N900 for awhile at Nokia Flagship Store in Helsinki and I must admit, that the cursor feature might get some time to get used to, at least for me. Selecting something wasn't as easy as I though, maybe Maemo 5 needs something like iphone's magnify trick or you have to zoom in first. Wish I could have tried it out longer but there was few people behind me and even though there is like 20-30 N97s, the store had only one N900 which was a prototype as one worker told me.

Last edited by Kozzi; 2009-09-04 at 16:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I played with N900 for awhile at Nokia Flagship Store in Helsinki and I must admit, that the cursor feature might get some time to get used to, at least for me. Selecting something wasn't as easy as I though, maybe Maemo 5 needs something like iphone's magnify trick or you have to zoom in first. Wish I could have tried it out longer but there was few people behind me and even though there is like 20-30 N97s, the store had only one N900 which was a prototype as one worker told me.
So after using the device for a while.... will you buy it right now?

What are the other things which were not what you thought were form the videos?

Thanks

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
will you buy it right now?
Thanks
The answer would be "YES I will"

What are the other things which were not what you thought were form the videos?
Thanks
As I mentioned, there was line and my test didn't last long. There was no haptic feedback and sound effects (turned off perhaps?) during my test. Pressing fullscreen button while webpage is loading made only top bar disappear and the bottom stayed visible. I forgot to test double-tapping to see whether it zooms at the right place, but nipple twirl worked better than I expected, no lags. Form side everything feels solid except for the stand, it feels cheap and fragile or maybe it's just me.

Last edited by Kozzi; 2009-09-04 at 18:33. Reason: ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bronx, New York
Slashgear has a new vid showing it use there vid stream app besides another youtube page load. So hope for someone opening hulu to see how that plays http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n900-...video-0455122/

The Following User Says Thank You to Ludio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Pressing fullscreen button while webpage is loading made only top bar disappear and the bottom stayed visible.
I guess that's because that's where the progress bar appears, but it might have been nice to hide everything except a tiny progress bar at the bottom if the fullscreen button is pressed while loading.

Last edited by pelago; 2009-09-04 at 21:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Well said, Pelago.

};^)~

This is the first video I have seen were the device had the n900 label on the front. I don't know if that means that this is a production model versus a prototype, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iel_EZPn1J4

Let me know if they say anything interesting in the video...

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
new hands-on. but nothing new right here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3laDdS1zKQ

edit: except that:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
That's the first video that I've seen someone close apps from the dashboard, which looked easier than I thought it would be (I thought the top-right X button looked too small).

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2009-09-05 at 14:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post: