I was looking at a Palm 3245ww Bluetooth Keyboard and I was wondering if this keyboard is compatible or what other keyboards that are easyto get and cheap, so let me know. Thanks!

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Please don't double post.

You have to give us more than 4 minutes to come up with an answer.

(I personally don't know about the keyboards, but as is my understanding, most bluetooth keyboards should work.)

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
I messed up, I put the post in the wrong place and not sure how to get rid of it.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_keyboards

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=9276

are some good places to start.

The search in my sig works wonders....

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cha View Post
I was looking at a Palm 3245ww Bluetooth Keyboard and I was wondering if this keyboard is compatible...
The Palm 3245ww Bluetooth keyboard supports the Human Interface Device (HID) profile, so it will work with the tablets without needing any drivers or the like. It should be a good choice.

When shopping for a Bluetooth keyboard, look in the technical specifications for "HID". That means no drivers needed.

The other possibility is "SPP", Serial Port Profile. That requires drivers, which means extra work. Avoid it, if possible.

Some Bluetooth keyboards support both. That's fine. Your tablet will use HID automatically (ignoring the unneeded SPP) in that case.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
To help you out...

I have the Palm Keyboard.

Works like a charm.

Even reconnecting is super easy, just turn on bluetooth on the tablet, then press a key on the keyboard, and tada, connected.

It types pretty well, except the text on the screen lags behind me because I type pretty fast. But, all the keystrokes are recognized, just gotta wait a second for the tablet to catch up.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenli For This Useful Post:
can you explain what version of OS2008 you have? I just bought a Palm 3245WW BT kbd but cannot get it to pair. The tablet sees the kbd, but pairing always fails...

The Following User Says Thank You to txneo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by txneo View Post
can you explain what version of OS2008 you have? I just bought a Palm 3245WW BT kbd but cannot get it to pair. The tablet sees the kbd, but pairing always fails...
I'm using this keyboard, with the latest OS2008 version.

Just hold the bluetooth button on the keyboard, until it starts blinking, then pair it, and type the code in the keyboard, then "enter"

it should work correctly ...

I've got a 3245ww Palm keyboard and it works flawlessly. The pairing isn't exactly perfect, but after a couple tries it'll usually pair. And that's not the fault of the keyboard, but more a user issue thing, as it's not exactly straight forward how to do that. But once it's paired, unless you unpair it or reflash, it'll stay paired forever, even after a battery change.