Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by kdrozd View Post
And now the proce is 799 USD :P
Actually, there are now two prices at expansys USA: $799 for the unlocked UK version and $649.99 for "N900 unlocked", which I assume will be the US version. Also, it says that it will work with T-Mobile.
Anyone knows what the difference might be?

I think I'm going to cancel my preorder...

Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
Actually, there are now two prices at expansys USA: $799 for the unlocked UK version and $649.99 for "N900 unlocked", which I assume will be the US version. Also, it says that it will work with T-Mobile.
Anyone knows what the difference might be?

I think I'm going to cancel my preorder...
I think you're right. It's interesting that is says the UK version is " Out of Stock, Normally 5-10 days" but the US(?) version just says pre-ordering. Also interesting that it says the $650 version works with at&t and T-Mobile, but US 3G Data is only with T-Mobile.
Another interesting difference is the $650 version's specs say "WCDMA 900/1700/2100 (HSPA)" while the UK versions only says "WCDMA: 900/2100 (Dual-Band) "

Last edited by CyberCat; 2009-09-07 at 04:57.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Expansys continue to cut and paste things onto their web page without any editing.

You can buy the UK version from Expansys USA for $799.99 and get a free voucher for thirty of your British Pounds.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=186949

wtf?
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
As far as I understand, it is the same device. Buy the US one for cheaper, if you can get it!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
the only differences will be the WCDMA radios. The US version will be TMo only for 3G data, but the World/Euro model will be for every network outside of the Americas. There has been no at&t WCDMA model for the at&t 3G network yet, so the only option for 3G is TMoUSA or any carrier that uses 1700/2100 MHz for 3G, which isn't anyone else at the moment, but Canada has a couple carriers with plans for such a network.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Nope, it's always been JayOnThaBeat with this spelling & caps.

The name was given to me by a rapper that I used to make beats for... he used it in one of his lines, and written out, it had the "Tha" spelling.

So that's where that came from.
I'm an MPC/MV8000 king, do a little songwriting and composition as well! Hello, my production brother in arms! Glad to know the music flows through here.

We need to get together sometime and hook something up. Any links to published songs or tracks?

(Pssst...Texrat is a songwriter himself)

Now back on topic...