Active Topics

I'm thinking of getting an n900 and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a blue tooth remote that would work for pausing media playback, skipping tracks etc. I currently use the headphone remote on my PSP, which is really nice in the car because it can be done by feel. I don't want to have to pick up the phone and look at it while driving.

Anyone know of a remote that would work with the n900?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I think one of the profiles N900 supported was the bluetooth remote control profile. So if you current headphones are bluetooth ones, they should work. Or any other bluetooth headphones with the control buttons.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kruzty View Post
I'm thinking of getting an n900 and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a blue tooth remote that would work for pausing media playback, skipping tracks etc. I currently use the headphone remote on my PSP, which is really nice in the car because it can be done by feel. I don't want to have to pick up the phone and look at it while driving.

Hmm, there's an IR port, maybe it's even possible to control the N900 with a AppleRemote. This would be the perfect device for controlling media playback without looking.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I thought I read that the IR port is for sending only, not receiving.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Someone got the wiimote working:

http://forums.internettablettalk.com...d.php?p=337020

and that's what I plan to (try to) use.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
there are quite a few bluetooth RCs for the playstation3 - one which looks like a regular TV/DVD remote control, another which has a sliding keyboard, etc. These can almost certainly be used with any tablet provided you're willing to invest time/energy to map button presses to HID events.

The Following User Says Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by Kruzty View Post

This is probably what you need...
http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...headset-bh-214

It works as a Bluetooth remote as well as a headset. I stumbled upon this the other day, and thought it would be cool since the N900 supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, and the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.0. Hope that helps.

joeD: That's just what I'm looking for, thanks!