Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Seems I'm back in n00b waters It seems that I managed to mute or turn the volume of the mic all the way down somehow (most likely a combination of phone app crash and media player usage), and I'm in the help, I've fallen and I can't get up category. Anybody with a similar problem ? I tried rebooting and mute/unmute on the phone app, alas no change. Kind of irritating as this also applies to the phone section so I can't use it as a phone I can probably futz around with xmix or aumix but I think there must be a better/official way...

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Is the headset working?

its funny, I am trying to figure out how to mute the annoying sound-effects. I think I will stop tinkering around on that front

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
To see if the mic is really muted you can enter
Code:
alsamixer -c0
in the X-Terminal and play with the mixer settings.

Left/right select the mixers, up/down controls the volume, 'm' mutes/unmutes on some mixers that support it.

Warning: do not activate any of the "bypass" switches. They allow very low frequencies to pass directly to the speakers, which can damage them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
its funny, I am trying to figure out how to mute the annoying sound-effects. I think I will stop tinkering around on that front
Settings -> Profiles -> scroll down

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
To see if the mic is really muted you can enter
Code:
alsamixer -c0
in the X-Terminal and play with the mixer settings.

Left/right select the mixers, up/down controls the volume, 'm' mutes/unmutes on some mixers that support it.

Warning: do not activate any of the "bypass" switches. They allow very low frequencies to pass directly to the speakers, which can damage them.
Duh (/me slaps himself for forgetting about alsamixer). OK, I have a Master and a Capture column, the Capture seems to be cranked up but does not respond to M and is written in suspicious red.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You need the option -c0 for alsamixer to see the whole array of mixers and switches.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Success ! The earphone setting was off (?), turning it on made the mic record again.

PS. Thought -c0 was the default, but apparently not

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Settings -> Profiles -> scroll down
aah, I guess that previously the scrollbar disappeared before I noticed it. The scrollbar display seems inconsistent across the UI. On some screens it appears momentarily and on some it sticks (browser).

Thanks!

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I've only seen videos, but I thought it was momentary throughout...

Yes, it disappears when you're not scrolling. The bad news is that you can't use it to scroll on HUGE lists, and since you don't have home/end buttons it can get a bit like egg mixing (is that how it's called?)...