Active Topics

No, this is a garbage thread, begging for invites.
LOL, whats the difference in asking for help for access to GWave vs your new "problem" thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32408 asking for help solving your problem. I don't have that problem, why should I care? What a garbage thread wasting peoples time on a problem they don't have. Can you see the problem? The importance in in the person who posted it -- Just because you or I don't think it is important, doesn't mean it isn't important to somebody else, and a valid thread.

I'm not going to go to your thread and hijack it saying it is a waste of time and is a garbage thread; have the decency to do the same thing for others.

You know what else would be great for the N900? New .mp3s!
Hey, would someone send me some .mp3s? email <at> website <dot> com!
Well #1, considering this request is thread hijacking, and that is pretty rude in of itself and then considering you put in a "garbage" email address (I suppose the owners of that website would be happy getting lots of mp3's they didn't request) I can't really help you in that way -- But at least I can point you to the right place, and you can solve your own problem:

http://www.archive.org/details/librivoxaudio

Enjoy!

Now, back to my request of a Google Wave Invite -- I'm still waiting, I hope someone can handle my request -- I had assumed others in the Maemo community might have seen the potential with GWave and been luckier than I was. ;-)

Nathan.
P.S. Thanks for the "Bumping" of my thread, I appreciate it.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
OK man, I apologize.

Sorry to poo-poo on your thread.
Dude! It's okay to say **** in these forums.

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat
hmm whats the difference between our threads?
let's see... oh, here's a good one:

My question is about an issue with a nokia internet tablet!
Is yours?
Sheesh; how can I get through your thick skull of yours. -- just because you don't care about it, or even see the potential. Doesn't mean others don't care or see a potential in it.

Yes, yours dealt with your own specific n810 problem. Mine (and as a developer) dealt with a potential that I can see for the n810 and n900 (and the future models). If we stuck with the existing; we wouldn't see the new features.like the n900 and some of its new enhancements.

Open your mind; and just lay off -- I will ask once more nicely; if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread; please stop being rude and childish and just leave the thread alone.

If the guy with the email address email [att] website.com gets a lot of spam, that's his own fault... there you go, makin me raise my agro....
No, it isn't their fault -- someone posting someone else's email address (and even in jest) is just plain wrong.

I think that you REALLY need to learn some internet etiquette or otherwise known as netiquette -- yours seems to be really lacking and appears to be the whole reason for your awfully rude behavior and disruption of what was a simple thread requesting help from other Talk members.

Nathan.

WTF? I said **** and this **** showed up instead "****"

@Nathan
Thanks (x10)

Sheesh; how can I get through your thick skull of yours. -- just because you don't care about it, or even see the potential. Doesn't mean others don't care or see a potential in it.
This is exactly what is wrong with this forum.

----------------------

As for the people who posted their email addresses. I recommend images next time so your email addresses don't get harvested. Spamgourmet is also another good call.

*Makes some popcorn and pulls up a chair*

This might be my entertainment for the night.

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Wow, after my apology and everything? Really?
In my defense I didn't see it until AFTER I replied to your prior message. If you notice the "quote" marks -- it directly correlates to your prior message. When I clicked quote & reply to that message -- that message was the last message showing on Talk and your so called "apology" hadn't been posted yet.

Now I am normally a glass is all full type of optimist; and would take things like that at face value as you really meaning it. But it made absolutely no sense coming where it did in the thread. Had you gone back and deleted/edited your prior post and said you were apologizing; yes I would have seen it as such; but to do so only a short time later without any responses or apparent outside "force" making you change your mind -- I honestly didn't believe you.

After I had responded and then read your follow up -- I decided that I wouldn't bother responding since if you were sorry my point was made and this hijacking was done and the thread could live for its original purpose. If you are really sincere I'll take the apology, and then you can leave the thread alone.

This would have been an acceptable first post in accordance to what you are implying this thread was in regards to:
THIS Is what you posted:
"Who has an invite? Somebody send me an invite! This is my email address... send me an invite!"
Wow talk about a re-write: what I posted was:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Hey does any of you happen to have a extra Google Wave invite that they can spare for me. (nathanaelanderson [at] gmail [dot] com).

If I manage to track one down; I'll also check this thread for others in the maemo community that want one.
I stated my need, I gave ALL the information needed to fulfill the need, without wasting peoples time and their was a thread already about a month ago on Google Wave and its potential on Talk -- I don't really think I need to duplicate what it said, nor did I need to hijack it for "my" purposes.

I asked nicely; and I also informed the community that if I managed to track one down I would attempt to share the wealth with the community so that others could get it if they so desired. This was the thread so that we could share the invites -- it had a stated purpose and until you joined it was at least at worst making a list of people interested, at best may allow us all to get on GWave.

And btw ... your advocating on behalf of the "person" with email [at] website.com for their email address is just rediculous.
Ridiculous it is not; I would highly recommend you read up on netiquette -- that is a "rule" you just don't post others email addresses. You also don't go and hijack threads.

Nathan.
P.S. If their is a Moderator; can we pull all this "garbage" out of this thread and put it in a new thread and leave the original thread in context for what it was for. I don't mind feeding the trolls in another thread but, I would rather get this thread back to its stated purpose so others will feel like they can request also.

What is the problem with asking for an invite?

I am interested in a Google Wave invite

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Platania (CZ), ITALY
The interesting thing about this whole story is that google wave runs well on N900.

if you have any invites, I am very curious to test the new Google product. my email is antoniodicello [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com

email: antoniodicello[at]gmail[dot]com
blog: http://rafanto.net

Tags
better than getting laid, google, internet panhandling, invite, wave