Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Noxias60 View Post
glad i got some feedback, i can breath slighty easier :\
For me buy.com charged me tax for purchase here in California. total would come out close to $600.00

from amazon = no sales tax in CA so total is still $582.00 plus it's amazon so i can rest easy. :P (I ordered from amazon ofc)

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Thats the meet up only not the shipment dates
Yes, but what is the point of having a bunch of rabid drooling N900 fan's show up in mass numbers and NOT have any N900's on hand to give them? Clearly we're not the sanest bunch around

The Following User Says Thank You to bleomycin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Have none of you heard of patience?

I have moved to a calmer astral plane knowing that I will get an N900 before I die and that I will be content when I get it. I've even stopped talking about the N900 to non-believers.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Originally Posted by dormant View Post
Have none of you heard of patience?

I have moved to a calmer astral plane knowing that I will get an N900 before I die and that I will be content when I get it. I've even stopped talking about the N900 to non-believers.
its easier said than done. i've been using my crappy n75 since my primary phone literally fell to pieces.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
2 new youtube videos:

Nokia N900 first power on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPDbhmnxDQ

Nokia N900 P2P downloads and movie playback
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo8DGHUQmtE

pretty nice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by Noxias60 View Post
has anyone ever bought something from buy.com? cause i see a slighty lower price than others for the n900 on the site and cannot confirm if its a hoax or not :\
Like Amazon, buy.com sells some items themselves and acts as a intermediary for a number of small companies. The small companies should have buyer experience ratings. I wouldn't buy from one where buyers have had problems. As far as my own experience, I have bought a number of things from buy.com without any problems but I have never had to use their customer service.

I totally agree with buy.com's customer service, it's almost impossible to get a refund, and it takes forever. It's usually pretty cheap and ships out promptly, but if it was only a ~$25 difference, I would use Amazon over it in a heartbeat.

Are there any apps for the N900 in the Ovi store yet?

I heard that by the time it will ship, there will be some apps...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility

Oh yeah, i know about the maemo,nokia ones (thanks), but from the Maemo Summit in an interview, he said that ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNbPAgcHMw ) that when the device ships, there will be ovi store applications available.

That may be a good indicator if it is going to be released soon...

Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising