Active Topics

Originally Posted by Victorivich View Post
Ok, First of all.
YOU CANNOT ASSUME!
stop screaming. you did it about 30 times in this post. Its quite annoying reading posts like yours.

Do you know what assume means?
Its when you have NO FACTS to back up what you are saying.
How long is a meter? Every measurement comes with an uncertainty. Assuming is when you observe something and draw a conclusion together with a certain uncertainty. He has a right to assume anything. To be critical is good, necessary and encouraged in sciences.

Multitasking - Doing "nothing?"

Are you mental? Running say a webpage like eBay or google searching for something while you listen to music and text a few friends at the same time is NOT multitasking?
Well it depends on how you define multitasking. That the software is using CPU at all times or if only one uses CPU at a time a the others are sort of in a hibernation state ready to be picked up at any time. From what I have seen, the n900 is capable of true multitasking. It does not mean, however, that all the 30 applications seen on youtube are utilizing CPU simultaneously. Nevertheless, the author of this thread is asking relevant questions that are refreshing in such a Nokia-friendly site as this. Don't shout.

Sure, you're probably not used to the fact that the iFun is a toy and that you will never be used to a advanced headset like the N900.
You seem to be assuming lots of things yourself.

Multitasking helps in MANY ways.
The author doesn't question this

Unlike the iPHONE, your e-mail that you were writing, the text you were texting, the google directions you were looking for, and and don't forget the sound of music keeping you company is running ALL in the background.
THAT, my friend, is MULTITASKING! Welcome to the NEW world.
First of all, iPhone does multitask, just not out of the box.
Its not much harder to make the iPhone multitask than installing the package needed on the n900 to get the terminal-window running. Secondly, my amiga 500 and my nokia n73 could multitask; this isn't the new world. Thirdly stop shouting.

Screen is VERY responsive as I see NO delay or lag.
Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others don't see it. Now you are assuming again. It's just like people said 24 FPS on a TV is enough to make it smooth. I need about 80 fps in a computer game to call it smooth. I doubt the nokia n900 is capable of that even in the menu. It is how you define smooth. What is your definition?

Misleading AD?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Is the iPhone REALLY that fast as it is on the video? Does it REALLY work that well? NO! It's marketing, GET OVER IT!
no comment

Linex is OPEN source, o ANYTHING and EVERYTHING will be available for this phone in the future.
Actually, it seems as if you are the one assuming too much.

Asfor the generations... ahem... Nokia is GENERATIONS ahead of other companies from all of their sales and incredible phones throughout their history. This phone is a INTERNET tablet/Smartphone, not the FUN phone!
Excuse me but you are the worst troll.

So unless you OWN one like me and have experiencd it FIRST hand, sit down and shut up!
You are just plain rude and should stay away from forums where people meet to discuss on an intelligent level.

The Following User Says Thank You to solpete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
No actually it's not. If you actually had read the description, you would have seen that the app was written for Maemo 5 and running on it, hence it was running on the N900.
I am running Maemo 5 on my desktop computer hence it doesn't have to be n900.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
We'll that is sure one long invisible A/V cable connected to the N900 don't you think.
want a wireless cable? RealityCheck you make yourself become a clown and I dont know why. You have no idea of the tech side of the world! Now consider to be able to forward your picture/video to somewhere else just now as one of the first of humankind... not earlier now is the second. that was lots of years ago. now you fwd your video to a network-attached-beamer...

Originally Posted by uhale View Post
I'm a huge Nokia fan, and the N900 is awesome, but some of you guys need to learn to take a little criticism without flipping your lids. RealityCheck makes some valid points, and shouldn't be attacked just for raising some questions on this board.
Exactly my point. At least someone seems able to reason on this forum. The others are just plain immature.

Originally Posted by stemfour View Post
Reality Check you need a reality check. Am I really supposed to take your opinion ( "I have held one! In my hands and everything!" ) over that of people who actually have owned or thoroughly tested the device.

Youre either bored, a paid-troller or just jealous.

And you've exposed yourself as irrelevant and stupid. Shush now.
I can watch a computer game on youtube and say its shite without having played it myself. There are thousands of people reading this forum because they don't own the device. If we buy the device or not is decided partly by the input and feedback we get from forums like this one. Yes you are supposed to take his opinion, especially since he has held one in his hands which is more than most people here have. You've exposed yourself as irrelevant and stupid. Tell me, what is the minimum amount of time spent with the device for forum-writing-qualification?

Youre right, you can form an opinion about something by watching it for a few seconds. But that would be the difference right there between an opinion and an informed one.

So shoot me for choosing to take the word of several ( at least 20 ) device reviewers, who will have had pre-production devices ( ie not as good as porduction devices ) to review and have not mentioned the issues raised by realitycheck. Shoot me again for believing my own eyes based upon the several ( at least 20 ) videos I have seen of the device running the apps, switching between apps, playing video etc.

If that makes me irrelevant and stupid, so be it.

However Im not the one starting threads ( that scare every potential owner of this device ) based upon very flimsy evidence ( if any ).

I am not for blindly defending a product, or a manufacturer - far from it. If you read some of the other threads here you'll see Ive been having a go at ossipena for endlessly defending Nokia no matter how much they cock things up.

So I am all for healthy criticism, as long as the person doing it can back up their claims ( in any way at all ). Otherwise all we have is a classic troll. If you want to associate yourself with this guy by defending his viewpoint you go for it. Dont expect me to listen to you either then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stemfour For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I have been using an N900 for over a month now, and not experienced one single issue you mention. Take it from me, you have obviously been exposed to either an N900 with possibly a corrupt memory card fitted, or one that has early prototype firmware.

I have been running several applications at any one time, without any issues, no jerky side scrolling, in fact, mine has been smooth scrolling thoughout a couple of firmware changes.

Please do you homework before posting in future, as this thread is quite simply taking valuable time of members here who could be elsewhere within the forums, helping and advising other members who really know what they want out of the N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
want a wireless cable? RealityCheck you make yourself become a clown and I dont know why. You have no idea of the tech side of the world! Now consider to be able to forward your picture/video to somewhere else just now as one of the first of humankind... not earlier now is the second. that was lots of years ago. now you fwd your video to a network-attached-beamer...
Erm.... The author of that application already explained in this thread that RealityCheck was right about that, and that the video was being generated by other 'heavyweight' computers under the control of the N900.

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Why are you talking about true multitasking(no application idling) ?
Imagine how fast the battery would drain if applications wouldn't idle when needed.

Then you would be complaining about battery life.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kopte3 For This Useful Post:

Tags
toidi na tahw