Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I think it makes sense anyway to have the hw kb in english (you get the arrow buttons nicely and it's easy to type english) and when you need to type a message, you just use the on-screen kb. I do that for finnish/english switching myself.

Originally Posted by Rashoodz View Post
Just released in United Arab Emirates 1 hour ago for 3000 AED. With no Arabic Keyboard.

You can read Arabic, and you can download uKeyboard for typing on-screen keyboard.
yes, but this version is Europe Version & as per the Nokia-MEA Dubai, they informed that:( so far no news about official release of N900-it might be after Eid-beginning or mid of December 2009 and definitely will be supporting arabic fully)

so, these versions are leaked from Europe version, also when i talked to the agent in my country they said we don't have stocks-just 2-5 pieces, and we didn't receive any thing from Nokia-MEA about these and might get the middle east version by December 2009)

so no need to rush & waste money

we can wait one more months i thinks
to have fully arabic support

Originally Posted by heahmad View Post
we can wait one more months i thinks
to have fully arabic support
yes bro,,

we have to wait, probably after Eid inshalla...

Originally Posted by 0Dark Knight0 View Post
yes bro,,

we have to wait, probably after Eid inshalla...
no problem

any updates?

Is there any news?
Is it possible ????????????????????

Until now so far they Has not made the arabic version
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Curse

You can use ukeyboard to have a virtual keyboard with arabic, and I'm sure you can add a function to write in arabic with the hardware too, as this was done with Hebrew:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=430315&postcount=5

So I'm only guessing that you could change that to support arabic, maybe I'm wrong.

But I'm wondering if the UI can be translated or is it closed source.

Even if you have arabic you'll have one last issue, is the writing from left to right, when you should be writting on the other direction, it might annoy you when writing SMS and such, maybe you'll get used to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jayford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Write direction is automatically handled on the toolkit level. You won't have issue with that. Just make the kb layout for the HW kb and that's it. Perhaps ukeyboard guy could do it.

it is better to wait the arabic support from Nokia directly, rather than installing arabic programs,,,,,cos this will cause problems,,,

Tags
arabic, localization, translating, translation