Active Topics

Not me,

If its faulty ill return it for a new one or get a full refund, they cannot refuse.

If its crap I may just say its faulty.

Either way, it seems like its pot luck if your going to get a faulty one, there is no risk in holding on. If you cancel you will miss out if you got the good one.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
So tonights game is. Only one person wanted to play eye spy last night.

There seems to be a few negative posts on this site. Who is seriously considering cancelling?
No- unless my phone hasn't arrived by, let's say Monday 7th (ok that really would be absolutely the last straw) in which case I will call them and find out wtf is going on and take it from there.But I have waited soo long now for this phone and I really don't fancy any others around. I was prepared to accept that seeing as it has just been released there are bound to be teething troubles, so I will ride that out unless it becomes ridiculous.

You guys seen this post?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...899#post391899

Do you think this will affect MPD stock? I'm not familiar with the term "on-sale" date, surely if you can buy it now (from Nokia website) then it's on sale!

Originally Posted by murlan9 View Post
haha some one has no patience and doesnt listen very well.

Nokia will send them to MPD that will before the 27/28. Nokia stores will have them before the 27/28 probably two three days before. On the 27/28th they will start selling them and sending them to customers therefore aslong as the timetable i know and have been told is right you will have them by the 29/30th.
It was more that your first post reply to me was really badly written and I couldn't understand what you were going on about!!

Is this not just more speculation?

Sounds like I had it right the first time I posted anyway - just replace "sending them to one shop" with "MDP HQ"...

I'm definitely not cancelling - we still get the direct 2 year warranty with Nokia and I have a service centre near me. And the post about distance selling is also true - they have to legally honour that, so we're okay. May as well get a device first then worry about problems after than not have one at all! Plenty of fully working ones out there too! Its like roulette...

Last edited by stayloa; 2009-11-25 at 18:11.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Glasgow, Scotland
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
You guys seen this post?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...899#post391899

Do you think this will affect MPD stock? I'm not familiar with the term "on-sale" date, surely if you can buy it now (from Nokia website) then it's on sale!

Technically we have 'Pre-ordered' from MPD. How much that actually counts for is debatable though. Same as the company.

I've sent two emails, none of which were answered. I pre ordered on the 18th Nov and have not recieved the email stating the phone will be sent on the 3rd dec.

On another note, I work for O2, therefore I know with other providers you can cancel the contract within 14 days, by returning the phone from whence it came..

MPD says 7 days, however I belive distance selling regulations demand 14 days, not 100% however.

I would strongly suggest if anyone is returning the phone (not for replacement, but if you hate it) once delivered, that you do so right away! With a courier, or at the very least RM special delivery so it can be tracked and insured. Also make sure you get a reciept.

If you send it as a normal package and it gets 'lost' vodafone/t-mobile will think you're fibbing, and they'll terminate your contract and send you the full bill i.e. 24 or 18 times your monthly line rental.

I've seen it happen, and as hard as it is to tell whether someone is lying over the phone, if a 30 year old is in tears telling you the phone was returned to carphone warehouse 2 weeks ago, you tend to believe them.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm also in the same boat

Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Yes, fair enough- I figured it would be that.
Yeah, I'm the same.

The issues cropping up+MPD's current performance = fail.

I wanted it by the end of november (yes, the extra 3 days are, in my opinion, too much), but since that's not possible, I'll probably just wait until next year and see if the issues are fixed.

Originally Posted by finlaybob View Post
Technically we have 'Pre-ordered' from MPD. How much that actually counts for is debatable though. Same as the company.

I've sent two emails, none of which were answered. I pre ordered on the 18th Nov and have not recieved the email stating the phone will be sent on the 3rd dec.

On another note, I work for O2, therefore I know with other providers you can cancel the contract within 14 days, by returning the phone from whence it came..

MPD says 7 days, however I belive distance selling regulations demand 14 days, not 100% however.

I would strongly suggest if anyone is returning the phone (not for replacement, but if you hate it) once delivered, that you do so right away! With a courier, or at the very least RM special delivery so it can be tracked and insured. Also make sure you get a reciept.

If you send it as a normal package and it gets 'lost' vodafone/t-mobile will think you're fibbing, and they'll terminate your contract and send you the full bill i.e. 24 or 18 times your monthly line rental.

I've seen it happen, and as hard as it is to tell whether someone is lying over the phone, if a 30 year old is in tears telling you the phone was returned to carphone warehouse 2 weeks ago, you tend to believe them.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm also in the same boat
Right, firstly DSR says 7 days.

Secondly, with MPD if you use the simcard for whatever reason (i.e. receive a text, send a text etc.) you CANNOT cancel the contract (this is in their T&C) only exchange the handset.

Thirdly, I agree, Royal Mail Special Delivery is the only way to go with that!

Fourthly, Nokia Flagship Stores: if you've already pre-ordered then you'll get it this friday - if you pre-order now you'll get 4th december.

Lastly, if you've ordered on T-mobile from MPD ... DO NOT CANCEL YOUR ORDER, reason here: N900 Exclusivity Update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nirave For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Nice post - interesting to see why the t-mobile deals disappeared, I was lucky, I managed to get one as they were so much cheaper than the vodafone and I get to upgrade in 12 months

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Just out of idle curiosity, will the 'pending stock' sign (oh, how I hate that sign) on the MPD order page change when they actually receive some stock or when they actually ship it to us? It would be nice to get some kind of update....but I'm not expecting much from MPD

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Nice post - interesting to see why the t-mobile deals disappeared, I was lucky, I managed to get one as they were so much cheaper than the vodafone and I get to upgrade in 12 months
I'm gonna go out on a limb here by saying this but..

If you ordered a 12month then you're alright, you get an upgrade at 11months.
18months - upgrade at 17months.

From my experience in telecoms though, t-mobile have the worst upgrades system as they give you an upgrade allowance (to spend on a handset) and on upgrades, unless you spend a fortune, the handsets are well expensive (on upgrade recently a friend of mine was quoted £155 for the 5800.. and his upgrade allowance after 18months @ £35/month was £147.50).