Active Topics

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
I'd like to use Mail for Exchange on Fremantle. On the pre-release firmware on the N900 MfE was pretty flaky. Most (read that 99%) of the time, the synchronization failed.

Is the new firmware any better? I have not migrated yet.

Thanks.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hallo,
I'm unable to use mfe at all. Get the same error with the previous version and V 1.2009.42-11. Am connecting to Exchange 2007.

However check Bugzilla, there are some mfe bugs reported.
There are some treads discussing issues with mfe, but I do not know whether it is reported as being more stable in the current release.

crikey, this is the most important thing for me. Please someone confirm that exchange works with 2003 and 2007? I have a buyer for my iphone, but may hold back if this is the case.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
It doesn't work with the Google's Exchange server either (for Google Contacts and Calendar sync). It really broken

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by frethop View Post
Is the new firmware any better?
As I understand it, the final firmware for the N900 contained few, if any, MfE fixes. However, at least one MfE bug fix will be included in the first firmware update.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
There are definitely issues with Exchange 2003 currently.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turku, Finland
Exchange 2003 seems to just not work for some people, which is quite bad in my opinion, since mfe is an advertised feature of N900 and essential for most business users. Please vote for the bug at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5597 and hopefully it will be fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slavikko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
It doesn't work with the Google's Exchange server either (for Google Contacts and Calendar sync). It really broken
It is not broken. It just does not work with Google Exchange server, Period.

The software which you are having in the latest public release is compatible with Exchange server 2007 only. Period.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by slavikko View Post
Exchange 2003 seems to just not work for some people, which is quite bad in my opinion, since mfe is an advertised feature of N900 and essential for most business users. Please vote for the bug at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5597 and hopefully it will be fixed.
Yep. Exchange 2003 is not supported in the latest publicly available firmware. Google is not supported either. Exchange 2007 server is supported.

Last edited by vitaly_repin; 2009-11-26 at 06:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post: