Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Are there point and click games for this engine too?
Well, they do use point and click as well but all controls except movement are normally text-based. As for usefulness - I personally would like to have all things in one place instead of being forced to run agi on Treo.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Treo has keyboard, N800 has not. You mean you want to play it with external (bluetooth) keyboard on N800?

Treo has keyboard, N800 has not. You mean you want to play it with external (bluetooth) keyboard on N800?
Well, I do use bluetooth keyboard when N800 is standing but I'd like to use it with on-screen keyboard as well - have no problem with that.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by haliava View Post
I'd like to use it with on-screen keyboard as well - have no problem with that.
Sadly I do have problem with that :-) You can't use system (GTK based) virtual keyboard in SDL based program (i.e. scummvm) and even if you could, it is not very practical since it takes a lot of screen space on the bottom needed for game. Either scummvm need to have true Maemo backend based on GTK instead of current SDL based one (=lot of work and it would look bad) or virtual keyboard need to be implemented inside scummvm (preferably on left/right side in unused space) which is a lot of work too.

You can't use system (GTK based) virtual keyboard in SDL based program (i.e. scummvm) and even if you could, it is not very practical since it takes a lot of screen space on the bottom needed for game.
I see. As far as screen estate is concerned I guess it's not a problem as agi games are 320x200 at best. Reengineering of scummvm code just because of agi is not very practical though, I agree. Anyhow I'd personally use agi games in SCUMM on tablet with bluetooth keyboard - so if you will enable agi engine alongside generic version upgrade you will have at least one sure user. If the effort is minor probably it's worth it. Thanks for taking a consideration of the issue anyway.