Active Topics

My entire device runs great and fast. Not really sure where the whole "choppy" thing began but mine runs great even with quite a few apps open. It has only been slow and unresponsive one time, and that was when disconnecting from a cellular network at the same time as attempting to open up a google-talk IM (which I guess the IM program freaked out a little when the cellular network dropped at the same moment)

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
One thing that did seem to slow down my device a lot was Modest (the mail app). I had 5500 messages in my inbox, so I am assuming it might have affected performance a lot while periodically polling the account. I trimmed it down to 700 mails in the inbox and at least it *feels* a lot snappier now. Running newest firmware (42.11).

I decided to test the game right now with the trimmed down mailbox. I closed down all apps, so that my dashboard was empty. Bounce ran lag free on the waterfall level except for the very beginning, when the camera moves up the brown slope, before the actual game begins. The most common stuttering place, the waterfall before the logs fall down, ran absolutely silky smooth. It stuttered like crazy before, when I watched my wife play the game.

So, sorry. It appears I was incorrect about the lagginess of Bounce.

Miika/Rovio, can you reveal if your are preparing a full(er) version with more levels? Or another game?

The Following User Says Thank You to Viipottaja For This Useful Post:
jaysire: No need to be sorry at all, I have also seen some embarrassingly laggy videos about Bounce, mainly from Maemo summit. I just wanted to explain the reasons behind those, usually being an old software or too heavy multitasking situation. Strange that you have seen lagging on the first camera run even on "good configuration" because it's actually the lightest part of the level and runs nicely 40 fps on my device.

Viipottaja: As for more levels I can't promise anything yet but for other games definitely! We are finalizing another game for N900 currently and it should be out by Christmas, at latest. It's something we have been very exited here so stay tuned.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
jaysire: No need to be sorry at all, I have also seen some embarrassingly laggy videos about Bounce, mainly from Maemo summit. I just wanted to explain the reasons behind those, usually being an old software or too heavy multitasking situation. Strange that you have seen lagging on the first camera run even on "good configuration" because it's actually the lightest part of the level and runs nicely 40 fps on my device.

Viipottaja: As for more levels I can't promise anything yet but for other games definitely! We are finalizing another game for N900 currently and it should be out by Christmas, at latest. It's something we have been very exited here so stay tuned.
If you're talking about Angry Birds, then it's a quite funny-looking game you have there. It's nice to see that Rovio keeps up with the pace - and quality.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
i don't know where you've heard the game lagz, but it is very playable from my experience, maybe a bit too fast at times...