Active Topics

Hi,

I do enjoy the N900 but have a big beef with it.

When Offline Mode is enabled, NONE of the radios can be switched on.

When trying to browse a webpage in Offline Mode, the only option is to disable Offline mode and turn back on the power hungry SAR crazy cellular radio.

All the same, the FM transmitter, FM Reciever, Wifi or even Bluetooth can't be enabled without turning off Offline mode and re-activating the cellular radio. -- Really blows.

Originally Posted by expresspotato View Post
Hi,

I do enjoy the N900 but have a big beef with it.

When Offline Mode is enabled, NONE of the radios can be switched on.

When trying to browse a webpage in Offline Mode, the only option is to disable Offline mode and turn back on the power hungry SAR crazy cellular radio.

All the same, the FM transmitter, FM Reciever, Wifi or even Bluetooth can't be enabled without turning off Offline mode and re-activating the cellular radio. -- Really blows.
This is the second time toady (at least) that a question or request looked like an announcement. Please use some consideration when composing a subject.

Thank you,

Ah sorry for that one. But none the less the problem still remains. To activate any radio functionality, Wifi, Bluetooth, FM (in / out) and perhaps even GPS (not sure) you need to re-enable the fat cellular radio.

Ah sorry for that one. But none the less the problem still remains. To activate any radio functionality, Wifi, Bluetooth, FM (in / out) and perhaps even GPS (not sure) you need to re-enable the fat cellular radio.
Of course it does, and there are a number of threads already that discuss it. Those that feel strongly about this basic but missing feature don't need to get excited about a possible fix that doesn't exist yet.

Again my appologies.

I can only hope that this update arrives in less than a year and actually makes it into the N900.

Based on Nokia's previous software update record, the firmware you bought is basically the firmware you get with the exception of minor bug fixes and individual application updates.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
go to terminal as a root and input: "ifconfig phonet0 down"
that might disable the GSM/3G completely. Remember that you will need to reboot the device if you want to use GSM functionality again.

This is the second time toady (at least) that a question or request looked like an announcement. Please use some consideration when composing a subject.

Thank you,
Same thought here, so I changed the title.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Based on Nokia's previous software update record, the firmware you bought is basically the firmware you get with the exception of minor bug fixes and individual application updates.
Not at all! After I bought my N800 Maemo tablet a couple of years ago, Nokia released updates that increased the clock speed, activated some extra hardware (the radio? I forget now), replaced the proprietary Opera browser by the open source MicroB browser, and more.

Regards,
Roger