Posts: 59 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
Two other happy Vikuiti users here.

I'm probably repeating something that others have written on this looong thread, but I'm doing it anyway since it might help someone.

I bought a Vikuiti DQC-160 (for my phone) and a Vikuiti ARMR200 (for my wife's phone) from Amazon.uk, since protectionfilms24.com could not send it to Brazil. I placed my order on Nov. 27th, and they arrived today (Dec. 14th).

It was too easy to apply them, both have a perfect fit and they have 5 holes (for the light sensor, camera, proximity sensor, earpiece and indicator light). I think this might be better than the Clear Protector since it has only 2 holes (for the camera lens and earpiece), but others might think just the opposite (more holes = more places to scratch and get dirty)...

I've been using my N900 without any screen protector for a couple of weeks and got used to its look and feel. Except for the holes, after applying the DQC-160 the phone still looks and feels just like the protector isn't there! I didn't use the stylus a lot (and only for taping, never for dragging), but I can tell that it feels the same for the finger.

The ARMR200, OTOH, looks and feels very different. It removes reflections but makes the screen a bit blur, and it feels (and even sounds!) like you're dragging your finger over a piece of paper. If you're a pixel peeper and/or you love the details on the high-res screen of the N900, my advice is to skip this and go for the DQC-160. If you will hold the device at arm's length or don't mind losing a bit of detail, and if reflections really annoy you, then the ARM200 might do the trick.

My only complaint about both Vikuiti protectors is that there are small air bubbles around the holes and the edges of the protector that simply won't go away. This is probably due do small irregularities on the edges, which might happen to some protectors but not to others. Since the bubbles are really small and not in the middle of the screen, I really don't care, but I guess this would bother a perfectionist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricardo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Someone posted about a Lexerd screen protector, but it was for the NEC N900.

But look at this one:
Lexerd - Nokia N900 TrueVue Anti-glare Cell Phone Screen Protector

Ultra Thin
Anti-glare
Guarantee To Preserve Original Color Tones
Heat, Water Resistance, Against Scratches and Shields Damage
Not Interfere with Touch screen Technology
Anyone tried this?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
no cut outs

I had the InvisibleShield on for about a week but just didn't like the texture of the screen. I did improve after a few days, but I definitely missed the smoothness of the a protector like Martin Fields, Boxwave or Clarivue. I ended up purchasing a Vikuiti protector (DQC-160) and am pleased post-install. It's very much like the rigid protectors the manufacturers mentioned earlier offer. It's a tight fit, so it definitely requires clean hands, plenty of scotch tape, and patience, but I'm very happy with the purchase so far.

just wanted to share some stuff. BMC digital is the link if you guys want to buy Nokia CP 321- pouch, i got from them fits good on phone.https://www.bmcdigital.co.uk/

since battery is problem, i got travel charger from Fry's store at $ 3.99( Biztech or mytech) and officedepot has CASELOGIC Ac-Dc wall adapter for car chargers for $ 9.99 and it works fine. i have tried it. i tried lot of ac-dc adapters and most out there are compitable with iphone and those does not work with N900. best thing is buy it try it in parking lot and if not worked return it.
bestbuy has combo called Rocketfish it works fine but is $29.99.

Heads up to everyone

Noreve has just released a case for the Nokia N900 I know that some people were waiting for this.

http://www.noreveusa.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2308

Enjoy !

It will be in stock on December 25 so you won't be getting it until after the holidays.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sendoh For This Useful Post:
Clarivue has just released their n900 screen protector:

https://www.clarivue.com/nokia-n900-...protector.html

I had one on my n95 and it was super clear. I forgot it was there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manjingo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by biren11 View Post
just wanted to share some stuff. BMC digital is the link if you guys want to buy Nokia CP 321- pouch, i got from them fits good on phone.https://www.bmcdigital.co.uk/
Don't the see CP-321 on that site. Am I missing something?

Just ordered the Clarivue. Hope its good.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=26637

Is it just me or isn't the proximity sensor hidden?
Also, how do you swipe from the left/right in the browser if it's covered with a sticky material?

For the record, i have a PhantomSkinz screen protector on the front and waiting for the Zagg full body shield for the rest...

I also received a clear hard case and I'm waiting for a black/rubber and red/rubber hard case of the same kind, I'll be able to mix and match the front/back. (clear/red/black)

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector