Active Topics

Hi guys i've got a N900 and i installed EasyDebChroot. I read that someone has installed Amule in Debian image. I try with Synaptic and sudo apt-get install amule but nothing. It seems some url is down. Can Someone help me please?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
alex-000: It is in the repositories. Make sure you've updated your repos ("apt-get update" as debian root user) and that you're doing apt-get install from Debian, not Maemo.

Crap, I somehow wiped out my /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones folder and I lost all the default ringtones for my N900 .. does anyone have a copy of this folder they can upload??

Last edited by techdork; 2010-01-05 at 20:23.

Originally Posted by techdork View Post
Crap, I somehow wiped out my /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones folder and I lost all the default ringtones for my N900 .. does anyone have a copy of this folder they can upload??
Disregard, I finally found a link to a zip of it

Originally Posted by qole View Post
alex-000: It is in the repositories. Make sure you've updated your repos ("apt-get update" as debian root user) and that you're doing apt-get install from Debian, not Maemo.

Thank you man it works!!! Amazing i'm using Amule in my N900 and i can download file in Maemo MyFolders!!!!

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Also, in my hands Gnumeric can be started only from the lxde graphic interface, while doesn't start from the hildon xterm as "debbie gnumeric" (loops dbus requests). Both from Squeeze and Lenny.
This would appear to be relevant,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...nf/+bug/336660

Anyhow, from a CHROOT I am able to start Gnumeric. But this latest version 4.1-1+b1 appears unable to read my excel spreadsheets... using a previous version of gnumeric, I converted one of them to the .gumeric format but istill gnumeric hangs when reading it.

--denis

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Aloha,

while using the ImgInstallScript to get the IMG to my SDCard it says the Bzip file is damaged.
I checked the SD Card and
tested it with BZIpFile manualy copied to the SD

Download and extraction to MyDocs works fine and
the extracted file works with no problem on the sd after linked it manualy

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
hey any way by which we can use another window manager for test purposes..anything apart from lxde..

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
lohiaprateek: I've heard that xfce is a fairly lightweight desktop environment. It probably runs reasonably well on the N900. You might want to try that one.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
lohiaprateek: I've heard that xfce is a fairly lightweight desktop environment. It probably runs reasonably well on the N900. You might want to try that one.
openbox! that's my next installation

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze