Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
unpopular things ? you're too enamoured with your own opinion. Trying to be contrarian for the sake of being so. Irritating so Irritating. engadget.com is full of immature rubbish
You'll be ok. People can think in so many different ways than yourself.

But thanks for the "irritating" comment. Too bad I don't count you as irritating. You're able to think whatever, feel free.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Its been said you can never go wrong appealing to the lowest common denominator. Engadget is most definitely following those words to a fault. Appealing to the drones is fine - just don't try and pass it off as tech news rather than opinion.
Nokia fanbois need to step back and remember that you are getting all hot and bothered about a freaking phone. It's a neat little device and its Linux abilities give it some features that other phones lack but it is in no way on the edge of technology. Don't feel bad. No phone is. But don't get your panties in a bunch because Engadget thinks multitouch is more important than root.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
Nokia fanbois need to step back and remember that you are getting all hot and bothered about a freaking phone. It's a neat little device and its Linux abilities give it some features that other phones lack but it is in no way on the edge of technology. Don't feel bad. No phone is. But don't get your panties in a bunch because Engadget thinks multitouch is more important than root.
Thank you. 100% agree.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
Dunno what is wrong with them but they keep on bashing both Nokia and the N900 for apparent no reason.
They just don't buy the communist open source propaganda.

ive long been a lover of engadget but they are really doing my head in lately bashing the n900! I think nokia needs to send them a few so they can see how much better than stupid iphone they are.

looking at my mates iphone browser and menus now it feels so claustrophobic! peering at the world through a pin hole at that resolution, and thats just the start

Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
And also, I dunno if Nokia is still sponsoring those guys but if so STOP.
Engadget is sponsored by apple and so are many other sites/blogs. Apple invests ~500bil. as far as I last read in advertising alone.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
Nokia fanbois need to step back and remember that you are getting all hot and bothered about a freaking phone.
I like the phone and I would like Engadget, because of its nature, to actually review it good... It is like you wait for the magazine (remember those?) you subscribe to actually talk about some product because you like the way they do things. Thankfully few people told me about slashgear.com and heise.de so I dont need to visit them anymore.

Fanbois? Oh boy, this labeling of people, I took it for myself since I started the thread ;-), is unnecessary and, IMO, kinda childish... Is this some US personality thing that everyone needs to be labeled as something? I do not see this kind of behaviour, either you are replubican-or-democrat-labeling, in other countries...

And as you said before, "whinning doesnt become community", so maybe leaving the "fanbois" alone to discuss their conspiracy theories would do less harm right?

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Hardware wise as well the iPhone is unmatched by anyone, and they like that kind of stuff.
All points aside, and I can somewhat agree with them, where did you dig up this statement?

Name one, just one thing hardware wise where iPhone is better than N900. List of N900 hardware advantages over the iPhone would be quite lenghty, to name just a few:

- 5mpix camera w/ dual led flash and Carl Zeiss optics
- IR port
- Full BT support
- Precise touchscreen w/ 800x480 resolution
- Stereo speakers
- TV out
- FM Transmitter
etc.

And other hardware features are on par with the iPhone. So, where does the iPhone shine hardware wise?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
It takes more energy to defend... Consider where this commuity is better to spend its skills and intellectual resources.

Etc:

- "big resolution"
- the same cpu (underclocked @ 50%)
- the imaginary micro usb port and it's usable storage through itunes only
- HSDPA (@ 1/2 speed)
- the excellent antenna (that let's you GSM-naked in the middle of the city)
- the IR
- the imaginary Micro-SD slot
- the imaginary radio + FM transmitter
- the reat 2mp camera with zoom via a 3rd party app
- removable battery if you have a hammer to crack the case

Boy, can this list go on
Someone actually made a huge list on Amazon to bad I can't find the link

Tags
apple, engadget, nokia