Active Topics

As far as I know, FOTA upgrade has not brought any problem, NSU has. I upgraded my firmware OTA and all works well, without losing anything.

Mine didn't work OTA.. I think because I had alot of extras-devel and extras-testing applications. I also had some modifications on system files.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Atlanta, GA
OTA (WiFi) without any problems.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
OTA, no problem.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
Almost without problem OTA on French (azerty) version, OS in english.

Almost 'cause I tweaked the main menu before update and now the order of shortcuts is reversed ^^
Not a big deal.
Good luck.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
OTA ... Wifi at t'internet cafe ... worked just fine ... I should have taken book tho, as it took a long time to update the system, and I was already bored from waiting for the 90mb download ...

Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Mine didn't work OTA.. I think because I had alot of extras-devel and extras-testing applications. I also had some modifications on system files.
System files mods aren't a problem for FOTA, I've actually done many of them and had no problems. Your problems are the devel apps you installed, many of them are not optified and take a lot in your rootfs. I had to check my free rootfs space before upgrading FOTA (if I remember right you need about 45 free MB). If you have problems in obtaining free space in your rootfs, there's a simple method consisting in reinstalling Python libraries (recently optified). You should gain about 10% of your rootfs back. Search on the forum, if you have problems just ask, I've done that without any issue.

OTA method.

i had a lot of apps installed and had no problems updating maemo

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
System files mods aren't a problem for FOTA, I've actually done many of them and had no problems. Your problems are the devel apps you installed, many of them are not optified and take a lot in your rootfs. I had to check my free rootfs space before upgrading FOTA (if I remember right you need about 45 free MB). If you have problems in obtaining free space in your rootfs, there's a simple method consisting in reinstalling Python libraries (recently optified). You should gain about 10% of your rootfs back. Search on the forum, if you have problems just ask, I've done that without any issue.
That's what I did. The how-to is in the Wiki and pushed me over the 45b free space. I have few apps from outside the approved ones, just the Matrix theme (deleted before and re-installed after), Wii control and cbrPager. I think the Nintendo emulators were already optified.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Reboot loop and reflash after failed FOTA due to large amounts of unstable software from -devel and -testing.

So, don't worry.