Active Topics

The actual repos are down right now because of the server move

interestingly some of my videos are no longer supported after firmware upgraded. "codec not supported"

worked fine before update.

there hopefully will be an update to fix an update bug to fix a previous update bug. this is such a vicious cycle. they should commit to one large fool proof upgrade. i love the update but i hope we dont see anymore threads and posts about not connecting or not working. its jus saddening.

i hate having to think Apple and Google can at least keep up their game when it comes to updates and fixes. Despite all this I'm keeping strong faith in Nokia and Maemo.

Upgrading N900 to PR1.1.
Problems installing N900 firmware update.

Just to note. Have an N900 on voda through carphone warehouse. Previously updated to 44-1. Update came through OTA whilst away from charger and had low batt so tapped away from screen in the hope that it would be available later. Update disapeared.

Tried updating via NSU next day and NSU stated 44-1 was latest firmware available. Put product code in Nokia's website and got same answer.

Re-installed 44-1 via NSU and update came through OTA.

Updated to 55-1.203 succesfully.

Only glitch observed is phone reset itself when browsing.
Otherwise, great phone - providing Nokia can stay ahead of the rest.

My update worked fine, thanks !

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Bug:
If you are listening to FM Radio (using the application) while browsing the web, when you turn the device in order to view a webpage in portrait, the radio goes mute.

Where can I report this?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
Problems in update with wireless access

List of applications particialmente updated
Some catalogs unavailable
Check the details of the catalog

Applications Nokia - failed to update
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fr.../apps/Packages
Resolvindo host timed out: downloads.maemo.nokia.com

and

Update System Software Nokia - ...
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fr...002/./Packages
Resolving host timed out: downloads maemo.nokia.com

Last edited by maya; 2010-01-19 at 20:50.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by troff76 View Post
Bug:
If you are listening to FM Radio (using the application) while browsing the web, when you turn the device in order to view a webpage in portrait, the radio goes mute.

Where can I report this?
bugs.maemo.org

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
The speed of the device seems much improved after the update. I did notice a couple of issues

- There is occasional lagginess when switching desktops. The screen would freeze in between two desktops, sometimes for 10 seconds or so. A reboot fixes this.

- The top-left notification button icon appears corrupted--pixels missing or in the wrong place. This is consistent from reboot to reboot.

I have this weird behaviour with Application Manager after several days since I upgraded to PR1.1.
Every time I press Update button I receive notification of a "Maemo 5 2.2009.51-1" update available. When I click on details, message says I need to update via Nokia Software Updater.
Problem is: I've already updated!
NSU detects updated 2.2009.51-1 FW.
1) Anyone else?
2) Should I file a bug report?
3) What will be the impact on next minor/major application/firmware updates/upgrades?

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-01-20 at 22:32.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update