Active Topics

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kent, UK
Baba ORiley - The Who

Depends on my mood.

But these are the most common ones I use.
Attached Images

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
3 Doors Down - Kryptonite !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZ1cQeXejI

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I don't get many phone calls so don't want to miss them. My ringtone is "I just wanna make love to you" by Etta James (music from the cola advert with the window cleaner). It's loud and rousing.

I do get a lot of texts, and they're less urgent. They are signalled by a little bit of drifty celtic music.

And my alarm starts gently with birdsong increasing in volume till I'm fully awake.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I use one that I've been using for years that's meant to be entirely subtle, but gradually increases its efforts to get your attention over time. It began life as a MIDI ringtone, but I like it so much I had to convert it to MP3 for the N900..

MP3 Here

I've got the original MIDI file somewhere if anyone wants to experiment with different instruments/effects..

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
I've got the original MIDI file somewhere if anyone wants to experiment with different instruments/effects..
That's basically the same as Attraction, except it only uses 2 notes. They don't make those any more.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Mine is Knight Rider series theme.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
That's basically the same as Attraction, except it only uses 2 notes. They don't make those any more.
Not sure I've ever heard Attraction, but I'll take your word for it

I just like how simple yet effective it is; you can hear it really easily in all kinds of environments, yet it tends not to disturb anyone who's not listening for it.. I've had it go off in meetings and presentations quite a few times without anyone even batting an eye.

I was actually quite surprised to discover the N900 didn't support MIDI ringtones, but I suppose there's not much *ahem* call for them these days..

I used Aria Maestosa to convert it.. fun little app -- wonder if anyone could get it running on Maemo

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Yyz by Rush. Lower intro, that turn louder. Perfect

/oxpo