Active Topics

Originally Posted by Thats it! View Post
DOH! Don't let that hear Nokia!
totally

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
If u r really a big boy, please use the xterminal. Otherwise stop asking for red pill mode. The decision to remove it was right one.
in my *honest* opinion of course ..

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Yes, yes I do actually. As much as I love the phone, I should have gone with a BlackBerry (solely for work purposes). Since the last update, my battery life has dramatically gone down hill, and I'm highly considering selling it on Ebay to pay for my Bold I just bought (not going to keep N900, as it wouldn't get any love since I'm using my Bold all the time and not giving it to my gf, as I already bought her an N900).

Dunno, I'm confused...

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Package management is a great thing, it's only unusual or of questionable value to those whom have never used a system based around it.
Absolutely - One of the huge benefits IMO over typical windows/other phone environments as it makes updates so much easier for the end user

Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I can't go into bugs too much because I refuse the update, I shouldn't have to agree to anything for Nokia to give me the features it advertised. Even if they have to offer it as a straight firmware enabler/driver update with no additional update with the OS that would be more acceptable.

As far as being a phone the n900 lacks some basic functionality.
Refusing the update seems like a somewhat strange protest -- I can understand you wanted everything from day 1, but not updating isn't helping anyone is it?

In terms of features I do hope some of the omissions don't back fire. I'm delighted with the N900, but then I'd done my research and knew some of the omissions. Regular "normobs" may not, and just "expect" MMS, 3G video calls etc to work.

That could backfire on Nokia. They've already stated it's incomplete, but that does't come through in the advertizing. IMO better sales staff education and clarity over omitted functions on the web site *should* be done/improved so that anyone who buys the device KNOWS what they're getting.

For many here it's a very appropriate device (anything finished is boring right...) yet for others it's completely inappropriate as it's still a little raw (got buy an iphone?)

I'll let you decide. I hate phones. But I love my gadgets.

I've been unemployed thanks to the forsaken economy for over a year. And yet I bought not one, but two N900's.

(Thanks to Amazon's return policy I had the privelege of having three of them in hand at once. will post pics for proof)

My cousin is using the other one as she's traveling through east asia. every wifi spot (virtually every hotel/mall/airport) we can skype call, IM and whatever. I see her location because the gps tells me. And it's good to know it works with their SMART sim system.

My Thinkpad has been subject to a much needed break. The archos is on a sabbatical and a newly purchased zune has been relegated to spot duty when i work out.

And now thanks to my N900 I've recently been employed by a global Engineering firm. Thanks N900!

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Why the fkn hell people dont do research before they buy anything????

After that they start btching about it in forums....

GROW UP...

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Yes, yes I do actually. As much as I love the phone, I should have gone with a BlackBerry (solely for work purposes). Since the last update, my battery life has dramatically gone down hill, and I'm highly considering selling it on Ebay to pay for my Bold I just bought (not going to keep N900, as it wouldn't get any love since I'm using my Bold all the time and not giving it to my gf, as I already bought her an N900).

Dunno, I'm confused...
These things aren't going to raise in value, ever. If you don't use it now and would rather cash out, better sell it off asap. Chances are, you can re-buy it cheaper in the future anyway if you change your mind.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by gtbaka View Post
And now thanks to my N900 I've recently been employed by a global Engineering firm. Thanks N900!
Congratulations, but hold on. You can't say things like this and not supply details.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Small point: when you purchase something, you enter into a contract with the supplier. The advertising that they put out (not internet dis-information) is a part of that contract.

So I'd like to ask the people who say that they have not yet recieved the features advertised: why have you not opened a lawsuit against Nokia for failing to provide what they agreed? I don't believe a single person has done this. And I suspect it's because most people realise that the n900 does exactly what it says on the tin, no less, and no more. The 'more' you thought you were buying was in your imagination or assumptions.

Perhaps if nothing else, the disappointed souls have learned something about reading the spec and not making assumptions before making such an expensive purchase.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the first lawsuit "Disgruntled v Nokia" over failure to supply goods fit for puropse as described. (And yes, I know some people had to send their devices back for hardware faults - that's Nokia honouring the contract).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: