Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
Works great here. Thank you very much.

Can the multiple (N900 -> multiple (iCal) calendar sync be supported somehow?

a big THANK YOU all you great hackers.
The iSync Plugin 1.0 took me some time to get it working (it seems to me that N900 Bluetooth is generally a bit brittle) but now it works as advertised.
I have no problem with multiple Mac calenders synced into one single N900 calender, just fine for me.
Also the other limitations (alarm settings) are rather minor.
When I think what problems I had with Mac syncing of other phones in the past (SonyEricsson T610, Motorola RAZR and Motokrazr, Nokia N81) than this all was business as usual... never expect iSync things to work out of the box...

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by MaSTeR_MaMay View Post
Can the multiple (N900 -> multiple (iCal) calendar sync be supported somehow?
I pretty sure that it can't, but if someone proves me wrong, the better

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
I've just uploaded version 1.1. This contains joergens work for the sync over USB capability and the label fix.

Get it from the project page

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/n900isyncplugin/

Last edited by scudderfish; 2010-02-03 at 21:36. Reason: Added URL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scudderfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Houston, TX
I can no longer sync. I installed version 1.0 before the recent system updates. Everything worked fine. Some time between then and now it quit working and I can no longer sync. I get the following errors:

From iSync:
[Nokia N900] Connection to the phone failed.
Please make sure that your phone is turned on. If this error occurs again, please restart your phone.
Device “Nokia N900” synchronization failed.
In OS X Log:
2/7/10 10:51:54 PM [0x0-0x352352].com.apple.isync[11897] 22:51:54.739 [iSync:11897] ERROR (.obex.operation): connection failed with error: -21880
N900:
No errors reported.
As suggested by iSync I've rebooted the phone. I've also upgraded to 1.1 of the sync plugin. I've also tried deleting the device from iSync and re-adding it. I've also deleted the BT pairing on my Mac and re-paired it along with deleting/re-adding the device in iSync. No joy.

BTW: I can still browse the device via BT, get and send files as well as use BT DUN to connect to the internet.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

--Aaron

OS X Version: 10.6.2
iSync Version: 3.1.0 (585.0)
iSync Plugin Version: 1.1
Maemo Version: 2.2009.51-1.002

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!! (The developers of the plug in of course)

Installed version 1.1 and is syncing fine with my Mac, I can now go ahead an delete my VM of Windows 7 running on VMware Fuse.

If I encounter problems I'll be sure to post them here so that we all can have feedback on the use of this amazing plug in.

Thanks Again.

The Following User Says Thank You to gimp-N900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
@akpoff It is important, that you start BT pairing from the Mac. If you start pairing from the .phone, you may get errors like this.

First of all, thanks for the plugin - it's a shame Nokia doesn't provide this on their own.

Plugin seems to work well, except for the problem with calendar events with alarms - but hopefully that'll also get resolved some day.

However, I'd like to request a minor change to the plugin. For some reason the ability to set/unset "don't synchronize events prior to" is disabled by this plugin (guess it's some sort of an Apple default - quite a few vendor plugins seem to have it disabled). To fix this, I've personally applied the attached diff and it seems to work just fine - I'd hope you'd apply this to the original version aswell.
Attached Files
File Type: txt N900plugin.diff.txt (694 Bytes, 122 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to juhas For This Useful Post:
Hi, after download and install the plugin on my Mac, and when I run iSync, under Add Device, I got "iSync cannot connect to this device". My Mac and N900 are paired through bluetooth, and I can browse the N900 directories on my Mac. Is there anything else I need to do to get this work? Do I need to install anything on N900?

Thanks!