Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Has anyone got issues when using an SSL connection for syncing?
I got the same verification error syncing with Google, and solved it by setting the SSL verification settings to 0. Maybe not the most secure solution, but it made it work.

Anybody know where I can put the certs Google are using, so I can turn the verification on again?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
untested, but:
- importing certs in the settings GUI of the N900 drops them in /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ (filenames are hashes, they are supposed to be like this and it's nice the GHUI does hashing)
- my syncevolution config has "SSLServerCertificates"

As such I'd try first to just import the cert, if after importing and seeing it under /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ syncevolution does not pick it up it may be useful to open a bug as that is the system's default location AFAICT.
To tide over, next try would be to set the directory in the syncevolution config and as a very last resort the certificate itself.

I will not have time this week to test it, but if the above seems daunting, do tell and I'll try and squeeze in a testrun next week (while that will be against a private funambol here, for SSL testing this should be OK)

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
If I understand correctly, this cannot be setup without access to the internet. Why can't the N900 sync with evolution on your computer without the need of going through another server?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ austria
Hmm, isn't there an opensync-syncml-plugin as well as an opensync-evolution2-plugin that should the trick in combination with syncevolution on the N900?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
If I understand correctly, this cannot be setup without access to the internet. Why can't the N900 sync with evolution on your computer without the need of going through another server?
I have the same issue: the need to connect to the internet and hand over my complete address and calander data to a company just to synchronize evolution and my N900 is annoying....

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by joschum View Post
I have the same issue: the need to connect to the internet and hand over my complete address and calander data to a company just to synchronize evolution and my N900 is annoying....
I agree with you with you. Hopefully something is done about this problem because I am sure I am not the only one who is troubled by this.

You can just sync to your local PC over your local network if you want to.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by Palleman View Post
You can just sync to your local PC over your local network if you want to.
How would I configure the synchronization between my N900 and evolution over my local network? I did not find any tutorial on that on the web?

Originally Posted by joschum View Post
How would I configure the synchronization between my N900 and evolution over my local network? I did not find any tutorial on that on the web?
I have never run Evolution, but I know both Evolution and N900 can act as SyncML clients, so all you need is to install a SyncML server (Funambol or similar) to bounce on.

Last edited by Palleman; 2010-02-10 at 19:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Palleman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Not sure who you meant.

I, for one, do not want it to sync to the evolution on my computer because I
a) do not use evolution
b) have way too many computers
So in my case N900 sending to a funambol server is exactly what I want. As such I never looked at syncing with evolution without going through another server.

Tags
calendar sync, maemo 5