Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
The bug is in the kernel module for the wifi, see this post, or the thread itself for another approach.
I am a little bit intimidated by all that Kernel discussion on that thread. I doesn't sound like anyone posted a howto yet.

Did anyone test it with a non-Windows Vista 64bit laptop?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Sadly it looks like they've elected to host their own repository instead of uploading it to either Extras or the Ovi Store. Unfortunate. . . .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
I am a little bit intimidated by all that Kernel discussion on that thread. I doesn't sound like anyone posted a howto yet.

"howto" is at the project homepage, this does involve running a custom kernel and doing stuff that definitely would deserve the boilerplate warning application manager gives to software not signed by nokia if it was installable via HAM at all.

I have not idea what people have been testing it with, AFAIRecall I'm the only one who has been posting any machine identifiers.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Sadly it looks like they've elected to host their own repository instead of uploading it to either Extras or the Ovi Store. Unfortunate. . . .
Extras does not allow binary only AFAIUnderstand, of course Ovi has no such limitiation. So indeed, why not there ?

EDIT: I was wrong, extras has non-free section too.

Last edited by rambo; 2010-02-12 at 19:33.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Extras does not allow binary only AFAIUnderstand, of course Ovi has no such limitiation. So indeed, why not there ?
Currently it's in early beta, so there's no way they'd get it into the Ovi store (or should be no way). They may choose to do it differently when it reaches a final release (and when Nokia get the Ovi store working properly).

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Currently it's in early beta, so there's no way they'd get it into the Ovi store (or should be no way). They may choose to do it differently when it reaches a final release (and when Nokia get the Ovi store working properly).
The S60 version of Joikuspot is available via the Ovi Store, so one can make a safe assumption that it will show up there once it's out of beta.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post

Mine was running the latest Ubuntu...

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
"howto" is at the project homepage,
Yeah the Howto on the project page threw me off a bit.
It says they have it there since there is no GUI for set up but now there is. Does that mean we don't have to do all the stuff in the setup?

Update: I just tried it with a Windows XP PC. It works.
So clearly a vista X64 issue. As usual M$# strikes again.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've made a video and uploaded it to youtube:

maemo Programs: JoikuSpot for N900
http://www.youtube.com/zehjotkah#p/u/1/TwpnxTy7nNM

Thanks for watching!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-02-13 at 16:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Installed fine. I press start. All 5/5 steps finish then i get error 6-49--15