Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Official support is not necessarily coming. It's better to make the community support perfect right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
o Nokia & Maemo,

Plz, Take care of your customers needs & wants, in another word: so far and here in Middle east-GCC also in some countries, there is no arabic keyboard till now??!! WHAT IS THIS!!

Also, the same issue in other countries!!!!

So, think wisely,,,

Thanks

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by 0Dark Knight0 View Post
o Nokia & Maemo,

Plz, Take care of your customers needs & wants, in another word: so far and here in Middle east-GCC also in some countries, there is no arabic keyboard till now??!! WHAT IS THIS!!

Also, the same issue in other countries!!!!

So, think wisely,,,

Thanks
I'm all for international support but is the N900 officiaased in any country where Arabic is an official language of said country? I suspect you will be waiting for Maemo 6 from Nokia unless they extend the supported market area.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
I'm all for international support but is the N900 officiaased in any country where Arabic is an official language of said country? I suspect you will be waiting for Maemo 6 from Nokia unless they extend the supported market area.
thanks for your reply,
Actually the N900 is there in my country, but without arabic keyboard also, it has third party application for supporting arabic, but Nokia didn't release any official N900 to Middle ease-GCC,

Also, the N900 was from beginning to be released in Middle east market from day Zero as per the Nokia Vis president, but may be will take time..

Can you please advise when to have the same in Middle east-GCC, cos i contacted the Nokia MEA- Dubai, and informed : ( definitely there will be arabic keyboard, but no news) & now u r saying we have to wait for maeomo 6 !!!!!!
Really confused,,,

appreciate ur advise
regards

Last edited by 0Dark Knight0; 2010-01-08 at 08:10.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
What's just wrong with using the on screen keyboard ? I'm a native Arabic speaker and it works just fine for my needs.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Yesterday I got a question about Catalan, which has common problems with Arabic and any non-supported language. It is expected that more volunteer translators from other languages will show up.
Hi. Yesterday I received my new N900. As a speaker of Catalan, I'd like to be able to use the predictive text writing system. It would be nice to also have the interface in Catalan, but for me this is not a must.

I'd like to volunteer to prepare a system of predictive text in Catalan, but I don't know where to start. Is there any guide somewhere?

I don't have time to translate the interface.

is there any update about it !!!
becuse i see alot of users say they have all ready see a n900 with arabic keyboard in iraq and KSA

Nokia will not add official VKB nor HW kb support for arabic. We will, however, support all community acitivities in making those happen - as well as for UI localization support. We have been working on some of the arabic usability bugs for the PR1.2, but full official support will not be done.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
What's just wrong with using the on screen keyboard ? I'm a native Arabic speaker and it works just fine for my needs.
The UI for that keyboard needs more work. I want to see keyboard like HTC or iPhone keyboards!!

PR1.2 will come with greatly enhanced virtual keyboard. It will be a pleasure to use. It's also very much competitive with other products out there. However, it will nto have as much eye candy, as e.g. iphone kb has.

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:

Tags
arabic, localization, translating, translation